Please God don't let it be Iowa

Ive stated why i didnt want this game in the thread i started over there. Dont want to hear scoreboard for 11 months.

I think that this match up would generate a ton of excitement (especially in the midwest)! Nebraska really has nothing to gain by this match up, except bragging rights..... Whereas Iowa has everything to gain: Another win over a top 20 opponent, bragging rights, pay back from the last home/home series, possible salvation of a underachieving season and the chance to welcome Nebraska to their new conference with a preview of how its going to feel to be a mediocre team in a great conference.

In the past this would have been a great match up. Now they're headed to the Big Ten, Iowa gets to play them all the time so this match up loses its allure for me. Missouri would be much better since I don't think they would duck a bowl game.

Taylor Martinez can't pass the ball if his life depended on it.

I'm not buying this at all. Yes he gets happy feet when under pressure but he has had tremendous success throwing deep on play action. Will we get pressure on him? Will we be able to cover deep routes on PA?

Ive stated why i didnt want this game in the thread i started over there. Dont want to hear scoreboard for 11 months.

Thanks for the post BRPW, Glad to see HN not the only paranoid fanbase. Kinda gives a guy some hope. What say we kick your Arse back to Lincoln from Tempe?

I'm not buying this at all. Yes he gets happy feet when under pressure but he has had tremendous success throwing deep on play action. Will we get pressure on him? Will we be able to cover deep routes on PA?

He doesn't go through his progression, if his initial read is covered up he will tuck it and run. Doesn't trust his arm or what he sees. Jon, is absolutely correct the Iowa front is very disciplined with gap control and staying in their lanes. Martinez isn't Persa, chappelle, Pryor, or Tolzien he isn't going to dink and dunk all the way down the field.

Defensively, Iowa matches up well with them.

You will all soon see why all Hawkeye fans in Western Iowa hate the cornholers. They are the biggest bunch of aholes you've ever seen.

That thread was actually fun to read. There are some fans there that think they will kill Iowa and I was expecting that but also quite a few who would be nervous with the match-up. I don't see why anyone from either state would be disappointed with this match-up. You start an end of the rivalry early and whoever wins gets to have bragging rights for 11 months.

That thread was actually fun to read. There are some fans there that think they will kill Iowa and I was expecting that but also quite a few who would be nervous with the match-up. I don't see why anyone from either state would be disappointed with this match-up. You start an end of the rivalry early and whoever wins gets to have bragging rights for 11 months.

I know both teams have delusional fan bases at times, but anyone that thinks either team would destroy the other team needs a head examination. Not saying by anymeans that I see one team winning this one vs. the other team, but Iowa but when was the last time IA lost a game by multiple scores or what would be considered blown out.

Its interesting to read the perspective on our season from another fan base.

Iowa fan perspective: We were overrated and our coaches suck

Nebraska fan: they played Wisconsin and OSU tough, and beat Michigan, Penn State and MSU(co Big Ten champs).

Its interesting to read the perspective on our season from another fan base.

Iowa fan perspective: We were overrated and our coaches suck

Nebraska fan: they played Wisconsin and OSU tough, and beat Michigan, Penn State and MSU(co Big Ten champs).

agreed

Latest posts