Please give a good rundown on ISU defense, unknown players to me

I'm not sure about their players, but for strategy, I predict they will load the box with basically 8-9, or maybe even 10 guys. They will use the blueprint provided by UNI and BSU to compress the field and hope we don't go over the top.

The onus will be on our offense to:
-run through them even when we're blocking 1 v 2
-get separation even when our routes are within 5 yards of the LOS
-throw and connect on long passes when we get separation in single coverage

I'm not saying our offense can't accomplish that. It's just that it may look like we're banging our head against the wall until we do. And our margin for error will be pretty slim if we turn the ball over or if the defense uncharacteristically gives up any big plays.

I wouldn't say this defense has any standouts right now. There seems to be optimism about Robbie Garcia at DT, Alton Meeks at LB, Nigel Tribune at CB, Kamari Cotton-Moya at FS and T.J. Mutcherson at SS, but they are RFr, RFr, So, RFr, and RSo respectively.

6.3 @280 Freshman DT Robbie Garcia
6.2 @ 241 Freshman LB Alton Meeks
5.10 @ 179 Sophomore DB Nigel Tribune
6.0 @ 177 Freshman DB Karman Cotton-Moya
5.11 @ 191 Sophomore DB T.J. Mutcherson

There may be optimism about these guys but it's doubtful they will be able to compete against players that have been in a system for three or more years.

Note on Cotton-Moya; May 19, 2013. Ridgeview High School star quarterback Kamari Cotton-Moya, 18, was shot in the arm just after midnight Sunday morning when gunfire broke out at a large party in east Bakersfield

That was kind of my point. Optimism for the future, but they're having to play too soon.

They sure have allot of average to slightly above average players for a team that is so far below average.

I mentioned 2 specifically, and that the upperclassmen are for the most part average. There's only 5 upperclassmen starting on the defense, and one of those is a walk-on playing for the first time (I would definitely say he's been below average). The underclassmen are, of course, inexperienced. I think that adequately explains why the defense as a whole is well below average.

Here's what I know. I've gone to their last 5 spring games cause my best friend is a die-hard cyclone fan and its semi-close to college football. The last two years including this one, their starting dline has been so bad that their third string running offense ran all over em. Their starting dline hasn't gotten better since spring. IOWA SHOULD, i repeat should, absolutely run all over them. Leshaun and Weisman should each get a ton of carries and just pulverize them into submission. If we pass the ball 40 times in this game somebody should be getting fired.[/QUOTE]

Knowing Greg Davis that's exactly what we'll do.

Here They are
circus_clowns-30541.jpg

Latest posts