Please Ditch Vanilla Game Plan For Mizzou Game

troy

I really hope the Iowa coaches put together an exiting game plan on offense, defense, and special teams for the Mizzou game. Why not? What's there to lose?

Why would Kirk completely change his philosophy? He is not going to change it going forward so why spend 20 days practicing for something you will never do again? Yeah, makes total sense.

Wow. I wish Kirk would study the tape of the Pats' beat-down of the Jets. Kirk's mentor went for it on 4th and 3 instead of kicking a FG. Result: slant for a TD.

The Pats ran some beautifully creative plays out of a variety of formations and NEVER let up. New England played with execution AND emotion. The result was exhilarating.

That's all Iowa fans are asking. Show some fire. Show some creativity. 4th and 3? Go for it. If Kirk's own NFL mentor does these things, what excuse can Kirk possibly offer now?

Study that tape, Hawkeyes. Use it, play for play, as the Missouri game plan. If it's good enough for the NE Patriots, isn't it good enough for the Hawkeyes?!

Thats because KF's NFL mentor has NFL players, who can make those plays. You have to have a gameplan that your personnel can execute

Some of you are incredibly ignorant. What is this, the second year you've been following Iowa football?

If you honestly think anything will change, you're an idiot.

Thats because KF's NFL mentor has NFL players, who can make those plays. You have to have a gameplan that your personnel can execute

Some of you are incredibly ignorant. What is this, the second year you've been following Iowa football?

Nothing is changing, no doubt.

Unless the Iowa offense regains its mojo from the 1st half of the season I really don't see Iowa winning this game. The IA defense will need to stay fresh against a potent spread offense like the Tigers. 3 and outs, or 1 first down per drive, when IA has the ball will kill us.

I really hope the Iowa coaches put together an exiting game plan on offense, defense, and special teams for the Mizzou game. Why not? What's there to lose?

The game???? We can still win in playing our game. I know it was a worse Mizzou team last year but look at what navy did to them by running the ball. We'll be fine :cool:

It's funny. I saw our philosophy change in 2004. But it took a bunch of injuries for that to occur.

Never give up hope. :)

Why would Kirk completely change his philosophy? He is not going to change it going forward so why spend 20 days practicing for something you will never do again? Yeah, makes total sense.

To say we don't have the personnel to execute is pretty damn stupid. We have one of the stronger wide receiver corps we've seen in quite some time, IMO. Our QB has been statistically better, though I will admit he's not perfect. Our OL isn't fantastic, but they've held up pretty well. Our RB corp has been leveled, but Robinson and Coker are pretty good backs. Coker has fumbled twice now (Ball State and Minnesota) and he's got a lot to learn, but there's promise there.

No, this offense was clicking early on, but dropped off quite suddenly after the MSU game (during the Wisconsin game we weren't perfect, but we did still put up 30 points on offense). And it isn't the level of competition either, because you can't tell me that Indiana, Minnesota or even Northwestern are defensive powerhouses in the conference. There were injuries, to be sure, but the whole offensive side just seemed to fall apart.

We don't need drastic changes. We just need this team to go back to playing like it did against competition during the earlier part of the season and even a bit like it did against Wisconsin and MSU (the good parts of the former).

This team was FIRED UP for the MSU game. We came out aggressive on both sides of the mouth and straight up smashed the Spartans in the mouth. The team that showed up that day probably would have been tied with Wisco and MSU for the Big Ten title. Hell, the coaches seemed to be fired up. Remember when Kirk called TOs when Sparty was trying to run out the clock before half? I don't think I'd ever seen him do that. Definitely not when WE WERE UP 30-0 AT THE TIME.

Instead we had the Indiana fiasco with the offense driving down the field, GETTING INSIDE THE INDIANA 10yd LINE AND SETTLING FOR FIELD GOALS! AGAINST THE 9TH OR 10TH RANKED RED ZONE DEFENSE IN THE CONFERENCE!

And I'll be the first to admit that those things need to be complemented by similar, aggressive but smart play by the defense and special teams, but I just feel that this season was going to go as far as the offense was going to carry it, and it's going to be on the offense to step up.

To say we don't have the personnel to execute is pretty damn stupid.

No doubt. I think we have the personnel to execute a slant on 4th and 3, for crying out loud. DJK or McNutt are perfectly capable.

That said, we will see the same offense in the bowl game as we did all year long.

I thought Chaney Jr. was an improvement at punt return because of his greater playmaking ability. Now, let's return some punts...

Last edited:

Latest posts