Please advise a fellow Hawkeye stuck in Nebraska

Ok after Nebby beat Sparty, all I hear now is how they are on track now and Iowa is next to be beaten. Try to argue it and they say Iowa has played no one. Bring up Iowa has played NU, Illinois, and Wisky, you get either a response about the mid-90's or a repeat of Iowa sucks. I am about to lose it and just knock the next Nebby fan that says this back to the Big 8. I want to remain calm. I only hope IF we win the next two, KF is HEAVY on the replays of last years collapse.
Feel your pain lived in Nebraska for 20+ years before I got back to Iowa. The argument is always the same...we are NEBRAKSA and we have 5 National Championships...blah, blah, blah. Nothing will shut them up...you must figure this out right away. The only thing that works is us beating their sorry arses. Just remember before Saturday's game they were ready to run Riley out of town for the worst start in Big Red History, and the world was caving in...now they are back to their elite status as blue bloods in college football. I can guarantee you 5 years from now when Nebraska is still a bottom dweller it will be so much fun to listen to them.

Really hard to say much right now. But if we're 11-0 entering the game, we can say "Division champs, pal, win or lose. Enjoy your bowl game."

Hard to say much??? Have you been watching this season? We're #8 and we don't need to win 2 more games before we can start bragging.

Iowa State has a decent track record of big upsets during horrible seasons (2010 over Texas; 2011 over Okie State) too. I think it's easier to do when the opponent doesn't respect you because of the embarrassing product you put on the field. But hey, at least both teams have loyal and knowledgeable fan bases, right?

Everywhere you go in Nebraska, take a double decker with a note "Cornhusker Football" taped to the toilet. That'll teach those gonads.

Last time Nebraska was 9-0 was 2001. We have been 9-0 twice in 6 years. When there are now adults who haven't seen your glory days it's time to let the past go.

Nebraska went from blue blood to, at best being on par with programs like Iowa or Wisconsin on that time frame and i don't think they'll ever get back. Its gotta suck...or not.

Root cause analysis keeps giving me: "Living In Nebraska."

There's literally nothing in Nebraska other than dirt, husker football, dirt and a statewide total of 27 trees.

In all honesty though, what can you expect from a state where over 5% of the total population fits inside their football stadium? The gene pool just doesn't get any deeper under those conditions.

It's a god damn cult that should be dealt with just like that thing down in Waco, the David karesh thing, not the Baylor thing, well, maybe that too.

Latest posts