Players That Need Playing Time

Law
Lowry
Lomax
McCall
Hitchens

All these guys have speed and that's what we need. This power football crap we still play isn't gonna work.

I think all of the young guys need playing time. They need a little payoff for the investment they've made to the program just like the upperclassman.

I'm not saying starters' snaps but they need to be worked into the playing rotation. Keep them involved. I can't stand all of these player defections. They're less likely to leave if they're playing.

The problem is the Hawks still control their own destiny. So we get another week of fifth year seniors before future development can occur. After next week's drubbing, the youth movement might start.

Feel bad for the Hawk fan who decided to take his first trip to Purdue this year.

I think all of the young guys need playing time. They need a little payoff for the investment they've made to the program just like the upperclassman.

I'm not saying starters' snaps but they need to be worked into the playing rotation. Keep them involved. I can't stand all of these player defections. They're less likely to leave if they're playing.

Yes. Three years is a long time to wait to see the field. Putting in some talented, but inexperienced guys for a handful of snaps per game keeps them interested. Hell, don't need to play them against MSU, but throw them in there in Q1 against Indiana when our regulars (at least on D) were struggling. Just a handful of snaps, and their attitudes/experience levels will grow big time.

I was sickened when Colin Sleeper and Jack Swanson were put in the game for the last drive against Indiana instead of Nico Law. This is why a lot of players leave. A guy who is busting his butt on special teams and burned his redshirt to help the team is never seeing the field. I don't care if Sleeper and Swanson are better safeties right now, play the kid.

Of the folks that have left, how many have become "stars". How many who left of their own accord, anyway. Not counting guys that became starters elsewhere who were shown the door for various reasons.

Latest posts