Players, Coaches Say Transfer Wave Over

Happy news, but this line worries me:

“Last year I guess toward the end they were OK and then all those guys left and it was just kind of like restart, which wasn’t fair for coach,” Payne said.

Uh, this year is getting toward the end, and everybody is OK so far. Kinda like last year...

I hope so. I don't think this group will win any big ten titles, but I think if they stick together for the next 2 years, they can be very solid and give something to build on for the next teams.

Happy news, but this line worries me:

Uh, this year is getting toward the end, and everybody is OK so far. Kinda like last year...

I don't want to be Debbie Downer here so I will just say I hope this article holds up through the end of the season and the start of next year's.

I really don't know the point of writing an article like this. What are the players/coaches supposed to say? Not saying anyone will transfer, but who would announce it at this point?

I hope the article is correct but Hoosier is right... nobody is going to announce it at this time.

And no... Tucker is not a fair comparison so we don't have to hear that argument.

I don't believe it. Clearly, this is only being used a measure to be used against us fans when the entire team transfers the day after the season is over.

This is horrible news...what are people supposed to b!tch about in the off-season if the players are telling the truth???

I hope so. I don't think this group will win any big ten titles, but I think if they stick together for the next 2 years, they can be very solid and give something to build on for the next teams.

Big Ten Titles? Nobody around here cares about Big Ten Titles... Most here don't want to understand how we got to this point and fix those problems. They just want a new coach NOW to bring an exciting/fast paced brand of basketball, and maybe get us back to our rightful place of around 5th best Big Ten team. Get with the program. :)

I think that what you do is take note of the comments by players. They could say things that aren't real definitive abotu what is going on. But these guys were all quite definitive that transfers were not going to happen. They talk about how close the team is. You never would have heard that last year or the year before.

Players can say things without lying, that wouldn't put things in such good light. Ferentz does it all of the time. If he doesn't want to lie he just says something in a way that isn't a lie, but isn't going overboard the other way in being deceptive.

It's called reading between the lines. You also have to take into account who is saying it. Some people will just lie to use the media to their own ends. Some won't. Our most recent former basketball coach would. Our current football coach won't.

Good to hear fuller express his love for his brothers...he is the one I was worried about.
For this coach, just keeping the roster intact for 12 months will be his biggest achievement at Iowa in 4 years.

Latest posts