• Dailey 6 PPG

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Kriener or Pemsl 5 PPG

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • McCaff 4 PPG

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

NikeHawk21

Back by popular demand. If you think a player will score more than the amount listed above select them. (Note that is a lot of points so unlikely they all go over)

We will update during the season.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Good poll Q. I wanted to go over on JW really bad and maybe even Garza but had to hold off somewhere. Moss could possibly smash that # just depending but he'll have to be consistent. Putting up 18 one night and 4 the next won't cut it.

I predict Wieskamp will be the 3rd leading rebounder on the team this year. I want to say 3rd leading scorer too.
I do like that he likes to mix it up inside.

I would think a few guys above aren’t going to be able to hit their overs for points simply because there aren’t enough shots to go around.

I picked Cook, Garza, JBo and Wieskamp. I could see Moss going over but he is so inconsistent and in addition he will probably take the biggest hit minutes wise with CMac and Wieskamp being added to the rotation. Wagner and Ellingson minutes go to Wieskamp but CMac will also get around 8 or 10 minutes per game. That makes it hard for me to see him getting double digit scoring average for the year.

I picked Gook, Garza, Nunge, Jordan and Dailey. Those #'s were pretty spot on IMO. I expect Jordan to flourish with better guards, Garza and Nunge to take a big step forward, Cook to be his regular offensive self and Dailey to contribute more this season.

I picked Cook, JBo, Moss, and Baer to go over. Moss I could see getting 14-15 pretty easy if he'd just play like he should. Because he'll have the occasional 20 plus game. If he could just not have any of the 6 pt and under outings he'll make me right. The others might not go over much. It's Baers SR yr I think he'll get 7-10 a game 6 I hope is his floor every game.
The only reasons I didin't pick Garza and Nunge to not score more was due to the overall #s. With what Nikehawk put out there which seems realistic that's still 94 a night... We know that's not going to end up happening so something just has to give.. To me it's Garza, Nunge, and JW. One or two of them won't hit those numbers but I bet one will. Garza seems to be the best bet but we'll see

I picked Cook, JBo, Moss, and Baer to go over. Moss I could see getting 14-15 pretty easy if he'd just play like he should. Because he'll have the occasional 20 plus game. If he could just not have any of the 6 pt and under outings he'll make me right. The others might not go over much. It's Baers SR yr I think he'll get 7-10 a game 6 I hope is his floor every game.
The only reasons I didin't pick Garza and Nunge to not score more was due to the overall #s. With what Nikehawk put out there which seems realistic that's still 94 a night... We know that's not going to end up happening so something just has to give.. To me it's Garza, Nunge, and JW. One or two of them won't hit those numbers but I bet one will. Garza seems to be the best bet but we'll see
Ya I purposely made the numbers higher so it would be tougher. Clearly a few guys aren’t going to get enough shots to get there.

Early voting looks like that would be Moss. He averaged 11 last year. The addition of Weiskamp and potential emergence of Dailey would potential cut into his shots.

Ya I purposely made the numbers higher so it would be tougher. Clearly a few guys aren’t going to get enough shots to get there.

Early voting looks like that would be Moss. He averaged 11 last year. The addition of Weiskamp and potential emergence of Dailey would potential cut into his shots.
It's such a frustrating thing for me to look at because I think what you put out there is totally doable for all those guys within 2 pts or so. What I gather from this is if Iowa scores less than 90 a night we are underperforming. And I'm barely joking.
Your totally right about JW and Dailey. I love Daileys game. He's smooth out there he should be more confident and polished this year. With him improving and who knows how JW will fit in exactly Moss will have to be playing well or it'll not only cut into his touches but his floor time

It's such a frustrating thing for me to look at because I think what you put out there is totally doable for all those guys within 2 pts or so. What I gather from this is if Iowa scores less than 90 a night we are underperforming. And I'm barely joking.
Your totally right about JW and Dailey. I love Daileys game. He's smooth out there he should be more confident and polished this year. With him improving and who knows how JW will fit in exactly Moss will have to be playing well or it'll not only cut into his touches but his floor time

Yeah, if Moss doesn’t drastically improve his D, he’s going to lose a lot of minutes. Dailey is a better defender (and rebounder) and I suspect CMac and JW will also be better on D. That will make it harder for him to hit his number.

I think people need to really pump the breaks hard on Wieskamp. Iowa has around 75 points per game returning this year, including 2 alpha dogs in Cook/Bohannon. Wieskamp is a freshman coming into a team full of established players, mostly upper classmen. He won't be asked to do too much in year 1, which will limit his scoring.

I voted for Cook, Bohannon, Moss and Baer. All seem likely overs.

I think people need to really pump the breaks hard on Wieskamp. Iowa has around 75 points per game returning this year, including 2 alpha dogs in Cook/Bohannon. Wieskamp is a freshman coming into a team full of established players, mostly upper classmen. He won't be asked to do too much in year 1, which will limit his scoring.

I voted for Cook, Bohannon, Moss and Baer. All seem likely overs.
Just my opinion but I think JBo might facilitate more and likely see a slight reduction in minutes anyway. Weiskamp it seems like will start at this point and given his talent level I don’t think 10 points is unattainable. I think Moss just loses touches this year with Joe.

My thoughts:
Cook ~16
Garza ~14
JBo ~12
Moss ~11
Weiskamp ~10

That would mean JBo and Moss go under, and the rest are toss ups. This team has a chance to be very balanced in scoring. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Just my opinion but I think JBo might facilitate more and likely see a slight reduction in minutes anyway. Weiskamp it seems like will start at this point and given his talent level I don’t think 10 points is unattainable. I think Moss just loses touches this year with Joe.

My thoughts:
Cook ~16
Garza ~14
JBo ~12
Moss ~11
Weiskamp ~10

That would mean JBo and Moss go under, and the rest are toss ups. This team has a chance to be very balanced in scoring. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

I could be wrong, and it wouldn't upset me one bit. Garza came right in and scored 12 points per game, so its entirely possible.

I look at Wieskamp similar to how Jok started at Iowa. Jok's sophomore year he played 20 minutes and only averaged 7 points per game. The main reason for that was because White/Uthoff/Woodbury/Gesell/Clemmons/Gabe were already taking care of most of the scoring. Jok was a key rotation guy but he wasn't asked to do too much.

It sounds like Wieskamp hits the boards hard, which is desperately needed. If Wieskamp can go like 8 points, 5 rebounds per game I'd consider that a successful year 1.

I could be wrong, and it wouldn't upset me one bit. Garza came right in and scored 12 points per game, so its entirely possible.

I look at Wieskamp similar to how Jok started at Iowa. Jok's sophomore year he played 20 minutes and only averaged 7 points per game. The main reason for that was because White/Uthoff/Woodbury/Gesell/Clemmons/Gabe were already taking care of most of the scoring. Jok was a key rotation guy but he wasn't asked to do too much.

It sounds like Wieskamp hits the boards hard, which is desperately needed. If Wieskamp can go like 8 points, 5 rebounds per game I'd consider that a successful year 1.
Fair points. Let’s recall that Jok was recovering from a horrific leg injury that many have speculated takes several years to fully recover from. Weiskamp was a top 50 recruit nationally and is expected to start from day one.

Again it’s a guessing game at this point but will be interesting to see how it plays out. Scoring is not going to be this teams issue.

That's just it. I wonder what JWs game will be more similar to as well. Like an Adam Haluska? Or Luke Recker maybe? He can shoot outside but will he make that his primary focus from the outside? Will he be a slasher and mix it up inside more? Just tough to know what to expect till he's got some games under his belt. How he played in HS won't necessarily translate to how he'll play at this level. 10 pts a game seems like a realistic goal but it may be on the high side due to everything you mentioned

That's just it. I wonder what JWs game will be more similar to as well. Like an Adam Haluska? Or Luke Recker maybe? He can shoot outside but will he make that his primary focus from the outside? Will he be a slasher and mix it up inside more? Just tough to know what to expect till he's got some games under his belt. How he played in HS won't necessarily translate to how he'll play at this level. 10 pts a game seems like a realistic goal but it may be on the high side due to everything you mentioned

Yeah its hard to tell how his Iowa high school game will translate at the college level...especially the big ten level. I guess it worked out fine for Harrison Barnes :p

Yeah its hard to tell how his Iowa high school game will translate at the college level...especially the big ten level. I guess it worked out fine for Harrison Barnes :p
If he has a Harrison Barnes type of impact there won't be any complaints around here... I wonder if he'll hunt for shots a lot. I mean dude in HS was a scoring machine obviously. Going from that to 10 pts a game or less is pretty drastic. But maybe he'll be as good or better than advertised and be a stud right away. I hate to short change the kid if he is I just hate to hype him up too high if he isn't that's all

Wieskamp as a top 25 recruit that got the downgrade for committing to iowa. I'd wager he outscored Moss this year. He's a better ball handler than Moss, more aggressive than Moss, a better slasher than Moss, and has a higher basketball IQ than Moss. My only question is if he is a better shooter. No way I'm pumping my breaks on the best recruit we've landed since I've followed recruiting. Especially since he's the most athletic guard we've had since AH.

Wieskamp as a top 25 recruit that got the downgrade for committing to iowa. I'd wager he outscored Moss this year. He's a better ball handler than Moss, more aggressive than Moss, a better slasher than Moss, and has a higher basketball IQ than Moss. My only question is if he is a better shooter. No way I'm pumping my breaks on the best recruit we've landed since I've followed recruiting. Especially since he's the most athletic guard we've had since AH.

I don't want to curb your enthusiasm, but Adam Woodbury was a higher rated recruit than JW.

Latest posts