Player of the game?

I disagree! Nunge looks like he could be the Garzilla of next year! Seriously. We could be feeding him next year the way we feed Luka this year. I can see Nunge avg. 25 a game next season.
He can rebound, block shots, play defense and step back & hit the occasional 3.
Murray will get his time.

They both need more minutes if we are going to go deep into the NCAA's.

I give the MVP nod to the 3 point shooting! We knew we needed it and it wasn't really there the first three games but it was last night.

Joe W led the way early and set the tone on the way to one of his best games. But CJ was money from deep. Then JBo returned to the JBo we love.

I disagree! Nunge looks like he could be the Garzilla of next year! Seriously. We could be feeding him next year the way we feed Luka this year. I can see Nunge avg. 25 a game next season.

I agree, Nunge didn't have a great game but he could be the beast next year. I hope he keeps getting stronger, that's really the only thing Garza has got on him.

I would like to see Keegan get some of Nunge's minutes. I don't think there's anything he can't do as well as or better than Nunge.

He's got great instincts, rebounds, plays D and is always around the ball. Plays very mature for a Freshman.

Kinda a coin flip between JW and JB. I can't argue against either but I could argue for both of em.

JW stuffed the stat sheet and played tough D

JB hit big shots and handled the ball well against UNCs athletic guards all night.

Has to be JBo, for the sole reason that with 0.3 seconds left in the game as he was dribbling out the clock, he quick handed the ball to Fredrick so he wouldn't be charged with the turnover. Veteran play right there.
That was cute and all but does the player with the ball get charged with a TO in that spot? I thought it just went down as a team TO. Or is that just the NBA maybe? I dunno.

Well, it's really hard to have a poor shooting night when you have 5 guys that can stroke the three at that level. Garza was a bit off last night because he was being matched by four huge dudes. Jordan, Joe, CJ, Garza, Nunge, Murray can all shoot it. Tousaint is also showing a great stroke early this season...Patrick isn't shy about it either.

Give Nunge time...he's had a rough week or so...if what all the players and coaches have been saying is true...he graded out the second best player on the team through all the practice metrics.

The intriguing player is Murray. He moves really, really well. His quickness and athletic ability are D1 elite. He just needs experience.

The intriguing player is Murray. He moves really, really well. His quickness and athletic ability are D1 elite. He just needs experience.
Fran struck gold with Keegan, I was not expecting either of the twins to contribute this year. Kris could develop into a solid player as well.

Looking down the road for a second. It's looking like Fran has got Iowa in a good spot right now. I miss the Tom Davis days where reaching the NCAA tournament every year was the norm, Fran may have Iowa back to that. I think Iowa will be able to sustain the blows of losing Garza, JBo, and even Wieskamp if he decides to move on. But I'm gonna enjoy this season, we haven't seen a team this good in a long time.

I've been thinking a front line of Nunge, PMac, and Keegan the next couple years could be pure sweetness........

He played well and I have no beef with the kid whatsoever, but 6 minutes is a ridiculous sample.
It was the timing of those six minutes.

They came at the most critical juncture of the game
He's got great instincts, rebounds, plays D and is always around the ball. Plays very mature for a Freshman.
You know who that sounds like when he was a freshman?

Chris Street.

I respect your opinion and I think Nunge will be a solid player but I would be utterly shocked if he averages more than 15 a game next season. He doesn't have Garza's strength or post moves. Garza is also a better shooter. He is a little quicker and more athletic than Garza though so maybe he can dominate in a slightly different way.

Well, it's really hard to have a poor shooting night when you have 5 guys that can stroke the three at that level. Garza was a bit off last night because he was being matched by four huge dudes. Jordan, Joe, CJ, Garza, Nunge, Murray can all shoot it. Tousaint is also showing a great stroke early this season...Patrick isn't shy about it either.

Give Nunge time...he's had a rough week or so...if what all the players and coaches have been saying is true...he graded out the second best player on the team through all the practice metrics.

This is what gives me confidence in the team doing so well. I mean we hit 17 3s with just three dudes having hit one. If JW isn't feeling it any given game we have multiple other guys who can more then pick it up for him. Or even if we have 2 guys have an off night we can overcome it. When all our guys are on I mean we can put up 110 without a sweat on good teams. I mean who's to say our 3 shooters all have a good game and Garza does and Nunge... The ceiling of how good these guys can be is pretty unreal frankly.

Latest posts