Play in games are very important

I suppose the play in games are kind of showcased all by themselves before the big dance really gets under way. Not sure if I want the nation to notice us for this game. If they snap out of it, neither Tennessee or UMass should be able to play with us. That is if we were in mid-season form..... If we play like we did over the last seven, this could be a showcase of tremendous embarrassment for Iowa.

Tennessee will be tough depending on which Tennessee we see. UMass plays 0 defense that could be a fun game but alas I'm so used to being utterly disappointed that I'm expecting another typical ho hum game from the team. If Fran is any any motivational head coach at all he'll have these guys up in the rafters emotionally. Someone (a Sr. on this team) needs to stand up and say enough is enough.

Exactly... How many of you watch these play in games when it's not your team playing.

I know I don't.

Neither do I. Ok, so, it is what it is. Iowa needs to win one more game to join the field of 64.

Since Iowa is playing Tennessee, I feel it is only right to drink some moonshine during this game. Yes, you can actually get legal moonshine here in FL.

Tennessee will be tough depending on which Tennessee we see. UMass plays 0 defense that could be a fun game but alas I'm so used to being utterly disappointed that I'm expecting another typical ho hum game from the team. If Fran is any any motivational head coach at all he'll have these guys up in the rafters emotionally. Someone (a Sr. on this team) needs to stand up and say enough is enough.
Maybe a sophmore duo should stand up and say enough is enough. Or maybe White can be that guy. Marble is a great player, but the squad of seniors obviously lacks leadership.

I hope we don't see McCabe come in and have a lazy reach in foul, followed by a look of unfounded bewilderment at the ref, followed by a post move turn over and finally, some absolutely pathetic body language........ This has started the downhill slide within a game quite a few times this year...... I don't mean to get down on McCabe, but the poor attitude is turning out to be many times more contagious than a good attitude........ Tired of seeing the entire team slouch over and keep their hands at their sides with about 12 min to go in the game....#ImpendingDoom

Might be why this year's play in games involve major conference teams. To drive up viewership.

I know it isn't going to happen, but they need to just reduce it back to 64 games again and do away with the play in games (regardless of what they are officially called). Keep it meaningful instead of letting more and more teams in who really haven't earned it.

Please explain: If we are not officially into the NCAA tournament at this point, why did we receive a seeding number of 11? As a matter of fact, why are we seeded higher than several teams that you seem to define as actually in the tournament? Yet, we are not "in." I rely on your superior knowledge on the matter of the NCAA basketball tournament to be brought forth so that I can also define Iowa as "not in." Thanks!

Why do we have to troll each other with this crap? Iowa is in the tournament, they made the field of 68.

No trolling... I was against adding the 4 teams and the play in games from the start.

I stick to the matrix of the field of 64... You can do whatever you please...

Latest posts