Play Calling on the Last Drive - Stanzi or KOK?

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
Hit on this in another thread, but thought I'd start another.

We know that KOK called the 4th down play and perhaps a few down around the endzone, but wasn't Stanzi the one calling the plays during the 2 minute offense? I am fairly certain Kirk said this in his post game presser. I don't recall Stanzi looking at the sidelines for plays during the drive down... once down by the goaline, he did get the plays from KOK though.

Is that correct?

Watching now...

KOK definitely called the first play.

You know what...after Stanzi completed the first ball to McNutt, he came running down the field looking to the sideline, but after the short run by Stanzi, he looks to the sideline but for only a short time. After the incompletions and clock stoppages, it looked like KOK was calling them.

After the long pass to Stross...they never showed Stanzi, so I can't be sure.

After the nice leaping grab by DJK, it looked like it could have been Stanzi calling the play.

Hit on this in another thread, but thought I'd start another.

We know that KOK called the 4th down play and perhaps a few down around the endzone, but wasn't Stanzi the one calling the plays during the 2 minute offense? I am fairly certain Kirk said this in his post game presser. I don't recall Stanzi looking at the sidelines for plays during the drive down... once down by the goaline, he did get the plays from KOK though.

Is that correct?
I am sure they talked a lot before the drive, but Ricky may have made the calls after completions since they wanted to go quickly. After incompletions, I would think he would get signals from the sidelines. Not sure though.

KOK called the last play, and it was freaking genius.

Use Moeaki to clear out their DB's????

That is ballsy lol.

I would assume in the two minute drill some of the plays, whether called by Stanzi or KOK, were pre-meditated. Stanzi was probably given a set of plays to run during a two minute drill and he just picked the plays on the fly during this one.

Best call before the last play may have been the 3rd down play to Stross for a big gain. Ricky hit him in stride so he could get yards after the catch.

Latest posts