Pitt looking tough with strong running back

uihawk82

My son is over watching his second alma mater Boston College and pitt started slow but has really been coming on.

I didnt know much about pitt but it does look they have a good running game, a running qb who can throw but he is not real fast.

I guess they have one really good receiver.

The hawks are usually tough against the run but they will be tested against a coach who knows them.

I'm watching the game as well, and can't figure it out if it's Pitt is good, or Boston College is not very good.

Their field goal kicker is very good. Several from long range. He has a pretty good name for a kicker ( blewitt ). I think bc is a little lax on defense. That said Pitt looks to be improving. Good rb and wr. Should be a good close game. Hope it does not come down to a field goal.

I expect a good game with Pitt - I think expecting a W in our first road game would probably be a bit of a stretch, but I at least look for the Hawks to keep it close. Pitt beat up on a lousy FCS school that barely put up a fight and now is beating a bad BC team...nothing about those 2 performances give me any reason to wet myself (well, no *additional* reason to wet myself other than the ones I already have).

BC's defense looks a little small in the Dee line and they have not had good form tackling. That being said any back averaging around 9 ypc is doing well and Connor has decent speed for 250 pounds.

Well...although our schedule in the first three weeks is somewhat weak...there schedule is really weak. Next week Pitt plays Florida International. FIU got beat by Bethune Cookman in week one. If you get beat by those guys, I'm thinking it's not like the black and blue division. Iowa's physical nature may be a shock to the Pitt system. When you put Hardy in there...with Ott, LTP, and CDavis...you just aren't going to push those guys around. It will be tough for any team to run against Iowa. They will not have faced anything like that front in the first three.

At least our tune ups may be a little better competition.

Connor is a solid back, but this defense has faced better RB’s and OL’s in Wisconsin, tOSU, LSU, MSU, etc. That being said, we could definitely lose to Pitt.

Connor is a solid back, but this defense has faced better RB’s and OL’s in Wisconsin, tOSU, LSU, MSU, etc. That being said, we could definitely lose to Pitt.

Well, Iowa did lose to all the teams you mentioned just in the last 12 months. Pitt may be better than Wisconsin on offense as they can actually pass. Their oline in of similar size with some highly recruited kids on it. Be a shame if Iowa and many if the other Bigten teams all lost their power five matchups.

I'm watching the game as well, and can't figure it out if it's Pitt is good, or Boston College is not very good.

Eda, I didn't watch the whole game, but from what I saw BC's qb was horrible (think JC but throwing the ball too high instead of dirt balls), the DL looked porous and they just weren't a good team. The PITT DL was soft in the middle, their lb's looked smallish and BC had wide open wr's in the secondary, consistently, but again, the BC qb was horrible. The PITT back did look good, but ho good? Again, the BC D looked pretty bad, to me.

Our D's strength, right now, is against the run. I feel better about our chances than I did before seeing PITT. Iowa should win at PITT. Depending on our offense (that's a debate for another thread), Iowa could score 35 + on the PITT D than I saw last night.

Eda, I didn't watch the whole game, but from what I saw BC's qb was horrible (think JC but throwing the ball too high instead of dirt balls), the DL looked porous and they just weren't a good team. The PITT DL was soft in the middle, their lb's looked smallish and BC had wide open wr's in the secondary, consistently, but again, the BC qb was horrible. The PITT back did look good, but ho good? Again, the BC D looked pretty bad, to me.

Our D's strength, right now, is against the run. I feel better about our chances than I did before seeing PITT. Iowa should win at PITT. Depending on our offense (that's a debate for another thread), Iowa could score 35 + on the PITT D than I saw last night.

Good take.

I will also add it looked like they're running back may have hurt his hand a little toward the end of the game. He was already up over 200 yards, and they were still running him. Whether or not the injury has any lingering effects, I don't know… Just food for thought.

Good take.

I will also add it looked like they're running back may have hurt his hand a little toward the end of the game. He was already up over 200 yards, and they were still running him. Whether or not the injury has any lingering effects, I don't know… Just food for thought.[/QUOTE]

Pitt had two offensive linemen go out so if they miss even a week that is bad.

We will know a lot more about Iowa's offense today. Iowa's offensive coaches should hardly ever hold back. The players need to hang 42 and plan on hanging 49 on Ball St and being as explosive and dominant as possible in every game.

Need some 2002-2004 swagger.

Pitt is dangerous. Looks like they lost their center with a knee injury...that could hurt them if it is bad. They are physical, and Badger-like on the offensive line. This will be a toss-up game with Iowa....and they have a better fg kicker to this point....challenging game for Hawkeyes...

Pitt's coach is from the Alvarez/Bielema/Wisconsin camp? Is he trying to build a new Wisconsin over there?

I expect a good game with Pitt - I think expecting a W in our first road game would probably be a bit of a stretch, but I at least look for the Hawks to keep it close. Pitt beat up on a lousy FCS school that barely put up a fight and now is beating a bad BC team...nothing about those 2 performances give me any reason to wet myself (well, no *additional* reason to wet myself other than the ones I already have).

Winning.

Latest posts