Pitt had one penalty in the 2nd half....

Wow! We really doing this after that Victory, amazing post. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of whine. I bet you could throw a flag on almost every single play if you wanted too. If they called everything games would be 6 hours long... Let it go was a great win..

Hey anyone see King when he got beat in the 3rd quarter blatantly grab the receiver? It was clear Holding and they called nothing, that crap happens all game long!

Last edited:
Wow! We really doing this after that Victory, amazing post. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of whine. I bet you could throw a flag on almost every single play if you wanted too. If they called everything games would be 6 hours long... Let it go was a great win..

Hey anyone see King when he got beat in the 3rd quarter blatantly grab the receiver? It was clear Holding and they called nothing, that crap happens all game long!

I think the major point of this post is to say that there were some dangerous no-calls. The helmet to helmet on CJ I remember looked like targeting. And the no-call on pass interference on Smith was just blatant and that was an incredibly dangerous play, too. There's no whining going on. Commenting on objectively poor officiating is not the same as complaining that the refs are against you and playing up a persecution complex.

Is it whining when the B1G or ACC looks at the game film to evaluate the officiating and tells those refs they missed some of the most dangerous plays of the game? No? How is that any different for us?

if we critique officiating after a win folks like you say "let it go"

If we critique after a loss it's going to be "you sound bush league blaming officials"

If you don't like it don't open the thread

I think Jon should be the only person who can tell other people what not to discuss. Other people doing it should be a bannable offense.

Wow! We really doing this after that Victory, amazing post. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of whine. I bet you could throw a flag on almost every single play if you wanted too. ..............!

gotta keep on top of yr game so when a loss comes there is no loss of momentum.

I don't understand why we had ACC refs when we're home team.Can someone explain because you could tell they had blinders on.

I don't understand why we had ACC refs when we're home team.Can someone explain because you could tell they had blinders on.
happens a lot between power 5 conferences. Less home crowd influence for officiating...

I think the major point of this post is to say that there were some dangerous no-calls. The helmet to helmet on CJ I remember looked like targeting. And the no-call on pass interference on Smith was just blatant and that was an incredibly dangerous play, too. There's no whining going on. Commenting on objectively poor officiating is not the same as complaining that the refs are against you and playing up a persecution complex.

Is it whining when the B1G or ACC looks at the game film to evaluate the officiating and tells those refs they missed some of the most dangerous plays of the game? No? How is that any different for us?

Thats an interesting assumption considering the OP never made mention of any of that when he posted, so I will say no that wasn't the point of the post.

Can they assess a penalty based on what they see on a replay? Just asking because of the shot CJ took to the chin on that no fumble in the first half.

The ACC refs were horrible. To miss some silly holding calls is typical in football, but missing helmet to helmet ( or just ignoring it ) is unacceptable. Why? Dangerous. Pitt players were coached to hit that way to see what they could
get away with imho. It happened several times by Pitt and refs allowed it. Smith knockdown, same thing. No call. Pathetic. MSU tactics now at Pitt also. Narducci wanted CJ out of that game. Expect same from all our opponents after they view the film (video). Hurt CJ and they win. Sad but true.

Thats an interesting assumption considering the OP never made mention of any of that when he posted, so I will say no that wasn't the point of the post.

Since I was the one that made the op, I'll chime in. Honestly, it was probably a horrible thread title. My intent wasn't to argue or b!tch about specific calls in this specific game. You'll notice I didn't once mention a particular call. What my intention was, was to get feedback from you all as to your perception of how games, overall, have been officiated at Kinnick over the past 4-5 years. In my mind, it appears that our homefield advantage, as it relates to influencing calls, has not been an advantage at all. I watch a ton of college football and I see "benefit of the doubt" calls for the hometeam all the time. But for whatever reason, it doesn't seem like we've been getting those at Kinnick. Maybe it's my black-and-gold glasses making it seem that way. But over the years, some of what turns a decent season into a GREAT season involves a little bit of luck and a little bit of "home cooking". The vibe, the culture, the playmaker at QB, the change in coaching concepts, along with the schedule, sure seem to be pointing the way for the opportunity for a special season and I'd hate to see it wrecked by BS calls against us at home or non-calls that affect the outcome at home.

That, ultimately, was the point of my post.....

The ACC refs were horrible. To miss some silly holding calls is typical in football, but missing helmet to helmet ( or just ignoring it ) is unacceptable. Why? Dangerous. Pitt players were coached to hit that way to see what they could
get away with imho. It happened several times by Pitt and refs allowed it. Smith knockdown, same thing. No call. Pathetic. MSU tactics now at Pitt also. Narducci wanted CJ out of that game. Expect same from all our opponents after they view the film (video). Hurt CJ and they win. Sad but true.

I was going to say the exact same thing. Missed holding calls, meh, they happen all the time. Helmet to helmet on the QB with the head official standing right over the freaking play, you can't miss that. It was like the guy wasn't even watching the play, I mean he misses the helmet to helmet, and he calls it a fumble when even at regular speed you could tell me was down forever before the ball even came loose.

Player have to miss a game for targeting and endangering players, this official should be suspended a game for missing this right in front of his face.