Pitt Coach Todd Graham

troy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr762j8k16U&NR=1]‪Meet the Coaches: Todd Graham‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Sounds like a Mid-Major coach who is trying to come up to the Big Boys running a gimmicky scheme.

Might work in the Little LEast.

Not worried about our game.

"No one in the country runs what we run on offense or defense. It's one of the explosive, prolific schemes in the country. But with old school values of character and integrity."

Character and integrity in offensive and defensive schemes?
Ummm... I don't get it.

Let's go... 4-4 Ringo Fire, Loop Sam WITH INTEGRITY!

The funny trade-off is that most teams that opt to "play fast" usually do so at the expense of not being at tough/hard-nosed.

Reminds me of a certain "hi-octane" coach at the Univ. of Illinois. Might even remind me a little of a certain "hi-octane" former coach at the Univ. of Minnesota.

"No one in the country runs what we run on offense or defense. It's one of the explosive, prolific schemes in the country. But with old school values of character and integrity."

Character and integrity in offensive and defensive schemes?
Ummm... I don't get it.

Let's go... 4-4 Ringo Fire, Loop Sam WITH INTEGRITY!

HAHA! My thoughts exactly!
Usually when you have to advertise that you have character and integrity by telling people you have it, you don't really have it.

"I don't have no 5 year plan.....I gotta 1 year plan."

Sounds like stuff that would be very enticing to an 18 year old kid, but isn't realistic.

Zook + Brewster = Graham???

It is what it is: a recruiting video on YouTube. Whether Graham will be able to deliver or not at Pitt remains to be seen. (He did deliver at Tulsa, correct?)

This much IS true: his public campaign is far more inspiring than "Let's get Mad again."

Well that's a nice fluff piece. Actually Coach Graham is considered one of the most abrasive coaches in the college ranks, and is not well liked. Think Charlie "fat boy tuna" Weiss abrasive.

Damndest thing is he's known as a defensive coach, but his last team at Tulsa stunk at D, though they did average 3 turnover per game. And this O is flat out nuts. Trick will be getting them into 3rd and 6's and longer. This scheme is made for getting yardage on first down, hold them to short gains, and it will slow them down.

Well that's a nice fluff piece. Actually Coach Graham is considered one of the most abrasive coaches in the college ranks, and is not well liked. Think Charlie "fat boy tuna" Weiss abrasive.

Damndest thing is he's known as a defensive coach, but his last team at Tulsa stunk at D, though they did average 3 turnover per game. And this O is flat out nuts. Trick will be getting them into 3rd and 6's and longer. This scheme is made for getting yardage on first down, hold them to short gains, and it will slow them down.

His Ds seemed to be not so bad against the run ... but, ironically, they weren't so good against the pass. I suppose that the aggressive philosophy that he advocates led to them taking a lot of risks ... that led to both more INTs ... but also led to more completions and passing yardage.

Latest posts