Pinstripe vs BC

Isn't it fabulous that we live in a diverse nation that acknowledges that a stereotype by itself is neither good or bad . Be careful ,it s the judgement that is made on that stereotype that can be harmful ,we all need to be careful not to make a judgement based on a stereotype

They got what they deserved. The reputation of the Iowa fanbase traveling well couldn’t save Ferentz this time.
You know, Iowa will begin to have this rep of not traveling well to bowls and Iowa will always go to the bowl it deserves according to its record. Prepare for a lot of low-level Pinstripe type of bowls.

You know, Iowa will begin to have this rep of not traveling well to bowls and Iowa will always go to the bowl it deserves according to its record. Prepare for a lot of low-level Pinstripe type of bowls.
First off, that's not how it works anymore. Secondly, the Pinstripe is a mid tier bowl.

If you have never been to New York and have wanted to visit at least once, but been a bit freaked out by the big city, there is never a better time than a bowl game. Even though you will feel like a foreigner, you will be comforted by seeing other fans almost everywhere you go.

And New Yorkers are generally inclined to be helpful. Pushy, but helpful. They really enjoy telling you where to get off . . . the train.

Concur on everything you said except this. If you're flying into JFK or LGA know that there is no public transit, other than busses, that get into Manhattan. From Newark you can take the PATH into the city then get around. Once you're in Manhattan you're golden on the MTA, but getting from Queens to midtown could be a struggle.

Source: grew up in CT, know way too much about trying to get around New York

Correction.

There is the AirTrain that goes from JFK Airport to Jamaica Train Station where you can connect to either a LIRR Train to Manhattan's Penn Station or a NYC Subway to Manhattan's Penn Station. (the subway is cheaper but will take longer, and both are a lot cheaper than a taxi cab, and both are faster than a public bus).

They got what they deserved. The reputation of the Iowa fanbase traveling well couldn’t save Ferentz this time.

Agree completely. We did not have a good showing this year. We get what we deserve. Any Hawkeye fan expecting more expects too much.

first one from Mark SchlabachESPN Senior Writer

New Era Pinstripe Bowl: Iowa vs. Boston College

i
i

(5:15 p.m. ET on ESPN at Yankee Stadium in New York)

Why to watch: The game features a matchup of two of the sport's more underrated tailbacks -- Iowa's Akrum Wadley and Boston College's AJ Dillon. Wadley ran for 1,021 yards with nine touchdowns this season; he's only the fourth player in Iowa history to run for more than 1,000 yards in consecutive seasons.

Who to watch: Dillon ran for 1,432 yards with 13 touchdowns, which is the second-highest rushing total by an FBS freshman. He had 1,099 rushing yards in the last six games, which was the most by any player in the FBS.

Motivating factor for Iowa: The Hawkeyes have been no-shows in the postseason recently, losing five bowl games in a row, and the past three weren't even close. A victory would give Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz his 143rd win, which would tie legendary coach Hayden Fry for the most in program history.

Motivating factor for BC: The Eagles head into the postseason on a roll, having won five of their past six games. Their only defeat in that span was a 17-14 loss to NC State. They have a chance to finish 8-5, which would be their most wins in coach Steve Addazio's five seasons.

Prediction: Boston College 21, Iowa 17
=================================================

This one from a week or so ago from Adam R.

New Era Pinstripe Bowl: Iowa vs. Boston College

(5:15 p.m. ET on ESPN at Yankee Stadium in New York)

Iowa's recent postseason no-shows make it hard to remember when the Hawkeyes performed well in bowls. They will finally get back on track with running back Akrum Wadley as the difference-maker in a low-scoring slog at Yankee Stadium.

Prediction: Iowa 19, Boston College 16

I was comparing game-by-game stats between the two.

BC's running production is far better than Iowa's but Iowa's passing is better.

BC's rush defense numbers are skewed by Clemson and Notre Dame..but Iowa played PSU and OSU so, My thought to discount their early losses isn't so interesting.

I think Iowa will need to have a great day passing to have a chance in this one. That to me is the Key to the game.

of course penalties and turnovers matter - but they always matter.

From CBS Sports

Pinstripe Bowl: Iowa (-2.5) vs. Boston College -- Dec. 27: I bet you're surprised to see that I didn't take the under in this game. Now, if that's the direction you want to go here, I don't blame you, but it's just too popular an option for me. Instead, I'd rather take advantage of an Iowa team that's being underestimated.

I'm not saying the Hawkeyes are much better than Boston College, but 2.5 points just seems small. Neither team has a great offense, but Iowa's better defensively. So I expect a lower-scoring affair, but one the Hawkeyes will win. Iowa 27, Boston College 20

Game By Game Stats

http://bceagles.com/cumestats.aspx?path=football

http://hawkeyesports.com/cumestats.aspx?path=football#game

Last edited:

Latest posts