Pick your offense...

CP87

We presume to know what TYPE of offense Iowa will run as long as KF is in charge. Putting that aside, if you could pick any team's offensive philosophy for Iowa to adopt, considering the program's historical strengths and weaknesses, whose offense are we going to run?

Thinking of B1G teams, I think I might pick the Gopher offense; emphasis on power run, creativity in the running game, and with some RPO to try to keep the defense honest.

What say you?

We presume to know what TYPE of offense Iowa will run as long as KF is in charge. Putting that aside, if you could pick any team's offensive philosophy for Iowa to adopt, considering the program's historical strengths and weaknesses, whose offense are we going to run?

Thinking of B1G teams, I think I might pick the Gopher offense; emphasis on power run, creativity in the running game, and with some RPO to try to keep the defense honest.

What say you?
49'ers. Just copy that f'er.

I would take Andy Reid's offense. Now, I know it is skewed because of Mahommes and there is only one of him out there, but I am thinking Andy Reid with Alex Smith. Short passes, control the clock, power running from a single back set, use the TE.

I am a big fan of the screen game and no one does that better than Andy Reid (and no one was worse than BF)

I'll limit it to the college ranks.

Louisville.

Jeff Brohm is just so good and keeping defenses off-balance, and his offenses seamlessly adjust to man and zone schemes. He's also outstanding at thinking on his feet and making in-game adjustments.

I will pick Green Bay and San Francisco after Saturday’s slug fest. QB under center. QB in shotgun. Multiple motions to exploit coverages. Hammering RB’s. (We have them) Heavy play action. Inside/Outside zone blocking mixed in mano et mano and counter cutbacks. But. We have to develop a more creative passing game.

I'll limit it to the college ranks.

Louisville.

Jeff Brohm is just so good and keeping defenses off-balance, and his offenses seamlessly adjust to man and zone schemes. He's also outstanding at thinking on his feet and making in-game adjustments.
Yeah and Brohm saves his best for paying Iowa too it seems like when he was with Purdue. When they find a weakness in your secondary they go at it over and over till you stop it. It seems like common sense football right?

Example, BF in our bowl game against TN we played against a freshman corner that hadn't played all yr. Yet if anything I think they went at the one guy who'd had experience more often instead. We didn't even test that freshman corner at all. Let alone go deep on him or multiple times. You can bet your ass Brohm woulda tested that kid early to see how he'd hold up.

So yes along with Brohms game planning he's also great at adjustments in game that's a great example.

I have always wondered if KF would look something like K-state offense with a big, mobile QB who runs read options and simple passing reads. Iowa cannot get good WRs, so why not run an offense that doesn't really require WRs to do much but block and run simple routes.

lWa7j0.gif

Latest posts