Phil Steele Projected Preseason AP Top 10

Ghost.............is this correct? He really ranked the Illini in his Top 20, preseason for 2009? That is embarrassing for Phil, who I think is one of the best.

It is correct but I wouldn't say it is embarrassing when most if not all the publications also had Illinois in their preseason top 25 last year.

It is correct but I wouldn't say it is embarrassing when most if not all the publications also had Illinois in their preseason top 25 last year.

That just isn't true. The AP, Coaches, SI, Lindy's, Athlon, CFN, ESPN...none of them had Illinois in their preseason top 25.

In fact, outside of a few blogs, I can't find one reputable source besides Steele who had Illinois ranked period, nevermind #19 and ahead of Iowa. Steele is also the one guy who had ND ranked in the top 10 preseason last year.

2009 College Football Preseason Rankings Comparison

At least we have an incredible DL for our OL to practice against. It won't get much more difficult than what they have to face in practice every day.

Given one of the returning OL is Julian Vandevelde, my optimism is not real high. He has rarely impressed me, and was tied with Raffy as the weak link of our OL in 2009.

Vandevelde has to have the unofficial record for most false start penalties for an Iowa lineman.

Latest posts