Phil Parker wins the Broyles award

Does this mean Riley has to up his offer to Phil?

We have one of the best DC in the game. We have a fair amount of talent coming back. We have a 25-year head coach who should absolutely be in the YOLO phase of his career (even if YOLO is anathema to his character). What is stopping Iowa from backing up that proverbial truck to which Gus was referring to one of the top up-and-coming OC names in the country and offering $1.5-2 mil to try to be special over the next few years?

The worst kept secret in college football has always been how damn good he is. I don't think it's even close when you go back all these yrs. He's turned 2 star nobodies into NFL studs so many times all within the structure of the team. I would say he's the single best decision KF has made as HC hiring him and promoting him to DC. He's going to be overwhelmed with congratulations from former players and other colleagues I bet. And he deserves every damn one of em.

Phil gotta a lot love, late in the year, for this award and I am not throwing shade on it because it is well deserved.

Couldn't have gone to a more deserving coach. About damn time he gets the recognition at the national level that we've been giving him for years. Definitely one of the best in the business.

We have one of the best DC in the game. We have a fair amount of talent coming back. We have a 25-year head coach who should absolutely be in the YOLO phase of his career (even if YOLO is anathema to his character). What is stopping Iowa from backing up that proverbial truck to which Gus was referring to one of the top up-and-coming OC names in the country and offering $1.5-2 mil to try to be special over the next few years?
Financially, nothing. Culturally, 1 thing - Kirk Ferentz.

The Man... The Legend.... Pay Phil what he's worth... Past and Present! He LOVES his job..... and his Players....

Latest posts