Phantom face mask pentalty

yeah I said something similar in my defense thread... guarantee they didn't give our center 1 sec to snap that ball on the FG... but it all evened out.

I've been watching football for over 3 derpcades and I aint never heard of no "roughing the centaur"
Gotch ya..I have been watching football for more than 5 decades and have NEVER see that call. It would have been a shame for that call to cost the game for the Hawks

Guys, if you watch college football then you've seen roughing the snapper before. It happens more than you think.

Wisconsin this year, NC State this year, Alabama in 2009 and 2014 (had to google the year on the 2009 one but I remember Saban yelling), North Carolina 2014 against Notre Dame...and those are just the ones I can remember of the top of my head.

Guys, if you watch college football then you've seen roughing the snapper before. It happens more than you think.

Wisconsin this year, NC State this year, Alabama in 2009 and 2014 (had to google the year on the 2009 one but I remember Saban yelling), North Carolina 2014 against Notre Dame...and those are just the ones I can remember of the top of my head.
The problem with this call is that the center should have got an academy award for it. It was well staged by Harbaugh.

The problem with this call is that the center should have got an academy award for it. It was well staged by Harbaugh.
I agree. I just meant that everyone is acting like it's never been called before and in reality it happens a handful of times every year.

Harbaugh likely put the bug in the ref's ear, but we need to not give him a chance. Quirks of the game.

Last edited:
I know of a former HS coach who always told his kids to nail the long snapper because it never gets called. As a bonus, who has a back-up long snapper in HS? I saw him win a game by blocking a punt for a TD because the back-up had such a slow/weak snap.

I've seen it called at least three times this year and each time it was potentially game changing. The rule needs changed but knowing the rule you'd have to be an idiot to blow up a center like that at that point in the game. It was however a call intent on handing Harbaugh the game.

I know of a former HS coach who always told his kids to nail the long snapper because it never gets called. As a bonus, who has a back-up long snapper in HS? I saw him win a game by blocking a punt for a TD because the back-up had such a slow/weak snap.

No offense, but he sounds like an awesome dude to be coaching (mentoring) high school kids.

(sarcasm)

Sorry, but I've actually seen roughing the center called this year already. The reason you don't see it often is because YOU DON'T RUN OVER THE GD CENTER. Very few players are boneheaded enough to do it. That's why you don't see it called.

Its been a rule for a long time. No deservers blame but Snyder.