PG

What's the other obvious trait that Iowa doesn't have? Every time a guard gets beat, they have an uncontested layup. There is nobody playing off to maybe swat the shit out of the ball. Or, at least contest the shot somehow. And, why is it when we have 2-3 rebounder, we can't rebound. It's always the 1 guy from the other team that gets it. Unbelievable.

Our biggest problem on D is around the basket. I complained last year that we needed a rim defender as much as anything. Obviously, MSU knew that going in. Actually, JBO had a couple of back door cuts and 3 or 4 drives to the basket. Don't recall if he was playing 1 or 2 at those times. As was made clear by others, MSU did a good job of isolating smaller players, like JW underneath. Joe is a good defensive player overall, but he was over matched by good coaching from MSU. I did not keep track of how often JBO was responsible for giving up a drive, but my sense is that he did not give up many. Remember, we expect our guys to be able to go to the basket and beat the defender. So, we should not be surprised when our guys get beat. Yes, we have been really bad at time in this area, but I actually think I have seen a fair amount of improvement from this team.