Petteway

MisterLucky

Terran Petteway announced today he is foregoing his senior year to enter the NBA draft. Miles will have a pretty young and inexperienced team next year.

This may be a blessing in disguise for Big Red as Pettaway seemed more of a selfish distraction this season.

This may be a blessing in disguise for Big Red as Pettaway seemed more of a selfish distraction this season.

I fear you may be right about that. Too much hero ball similar to Revonte Rice at Illinois. I hear they have some talent coming in too.

Petteway far from selfish, he was distracted off the court and had a disaster of a season. I wish him luck, he is not like Rice at all.

I thought he was a huge disappointment this year for Nebraska. This could be a blessing in disguise for the Huskers.

Addition through subtraction. Last year, Petteway was not the #1, so he could count on few double teams or not as much defensive pressure. This year, as #1, he got everyone's primary attention. Add to that the family problems (his mother died recently of cancer), and he struggled mightily.

If he could start the night hot, he would be ok. But if he started with a few misses, he melted in frustration.

Nebraska also lost Walter Pitchford (not much of a loss) and freshman Tarin Smith. Smith is the bigger loss of the two. The fact Pitchford is declaring for the draft makes most fans laugh.

But the biggest loss is the assistant coach, Chris Harriman, who is reportedly going to New Mexico to become Associate Head Coach. That could be Miles' biggest piece of the puzzle to replace.

Petteway far from selfish, he was distracted off the court and had a disaster of a season. I wish him luck, he is not like Rice at all.

Petteway was selfish. Rice was selfish. Petteway took a shot every 2.34 minutes. Rice took a shot every 2.61 minutes.

Comparison...White took a shot every 3.26 minutes and Uthoff every 2.84.

He must have either got some really bad advice or he just didn't feel like transfering due to not being wanted back too badly.... I don't think he's even close to NBA ready. He's got D league and Europe written all over them and who leaves school with eligibility left to do that? (outside of grades or trouble with the law)

He must have either got some really bad advice or he just didn't feel like transfering due to not being wanted back too badly.... I don't think he's even close to NBA ready. He's got D league and Europe written all over them and who leaves school with eligibility left to do that? (outside of grades or trouble with the law)

Kingsbury?

Latest posts