Petras(while still has work to do) looked like a different QB tonight.

Nevada sucked overall, but their secondary looked pretty decent and Milan said the corners were the strength of their team. Petras for sure looked better, Brian finally started throwing the ball vertically, and I thought Brecht misplayed a couple of throws that could have been big plays. The freshmen running back looks like the best of the bunch. The OL still looks bad. Sigh. There was at least a pulse on offense.

But, in the words of Eddie Murphy, if you starving and somebody throws you a cracker, you gonna think its the best cracker you have ever eaten.

I don't mean to bag on Petras, but 2/3 games were horrible and last game there was some improvement. That said every games been at home and he's yet to play on the road. I'll wait to even consider thinking about whether or not he's turned the corner until I see him on the road. Either way I still think he's got a long ways to go.

Nevada sucked overall, but their secondary looked pretty decent and Milan said the corners were the strength of their team. Petras for sure looked better, Brian finally started throwing the ball vertically, and I thought Brecht misplayed a couple of throws that could have been big plays. The freshmen running back looks like the best of the bunch. The OL still looks bad. Sigh. There was at least a pulse on offense.

But, in the words of Eddie Murphy, if you starving and somebody throws you a cracker, you gonna think its the best cracker you have ever eaten.
I didn't see that with the 2ndary. The TD in the end zone was totally blown coverage.

Take the 2 Big runs Kaleb had we saw the same pathetic ass offense. I mean take those 2 big runs away Iowa has just 240 Total Yards of Offense in 59 plays. Last week Incarnate Word put up 620 of total offense against Nevada in Nevada!!

The combination of this OL and Petras Iowa is pretty much screwed entering Big Ten Play.