Petras kind of reminds me of

time to give some other kids a look. these backups can't be as bad as hes leading on...he is settling on someone in over his head. let everyone push each other, this season is already a waste.

Nothing against Petras. But if his 1st half performance in Game #3 is like the first two games, then it is time to turn The Deuce loose. The competition maybe would help Petras.

Christinson good kid but got worse every year
I think Petras is one of those guys that makes everyone worse around him. I don't see him being good at all - I saw the body language from most of the offense last week v purdue in the 1 st qtr = they have no respect for him. Saw the same thing all game long today.

I think Petras is one of those guys that makes everyone worse around him. I don't see him being good at all - I saw the body language from most of the offense last week v purdue in the 1 st qtr = they have no respect for him. Saw the same thing all game long today.

Body language in a QB speaks volumes. How the f*** can our coaching staff not recognize that he's a complete spaz out there?

Do we even have a QB coach? (flip to #3 on the worst of KFz's faults list).

Until KFz sees offense as something more than a way to give the defense a rest and run some clock...he'll never be a great coach. (rhetoric statement of course. He'll never see it)

Body language in a QB speaks volumes. How the f*** can our coaching staff not recognize that he's a complete spaz out there?

Until KFz sees offense as something more than a way to give the defense a rest and run some clock...he'll never be a great coach. (rhetoric statement of course. He'll never see it)
Bringing back O’Keefe and hiring Polasek have to be two of Kirk’s worst decisions ever.

I’m not 100% ready to toss the guy off the train yet, but I’ve never seen a guy’s footwork look like that as a P5 starter.

It looked like Muhammad Ali dancing out there. Never got set and never got comfortable. I’m quite obviously not a QB coach, but in any sport where you have to make accurate throws, you have to get your feet set first. It might only be for a fraction of a second, but it has to be there. It looks to me like he’s staying in the pocket well, but the happy feet really send things haywire.

I’m not 100% ready to toss the guy off the train yet, but I’ve never seen a guy’s footwork look like that as a P5 starter.

It looked like Muhammad Ali dancing out there. Never got set and never got comfortable. I’m quite obviously not a QB coach, but in any sport where you have to make accurate throws, you have to get your feet set first. It might only be for a fraction of a second, but it has to be there. It looks to me like he’s staying in the pocket well, but the happy feet really send things haywire.

This. His good throws are fantastic. But he's wildly inconsistent on speed and placement, the feet dancing are a huge reason.

Fair or not, he's gotta improve quicker. Receivers are open. He's gotta hit'em. The high hard fastballs will continue to be tipped and intercepted.

Brian asking him to throw 50+ times, when indeed he clearly isn't ready.... that is unacceptable.

It’s all about moving the ball down the field.
Iowa 6/17 on third down conversions.
Need to find a QB who can do better than that.

Last edited:

Latest posts