Petras kind of reminds me of

longtimer

Dan Mcguire QB for one year back in the late 80s. highly touted and could throw the ball a long ways. OK Mcguire was a bit taller but had the arm strength they talk about with Petras. Of course we don't want it to end like it did with Mcguire leaving Iowa in a real tissy and transferring to San Diego State i think
Both Mcguire and Petras from California. Mcguire could throw it a long ways and real fast but turned out to be a better thrower than passer. Hopefully that's where the comparison ends

PS Better have a strong arm Saturday since it is forecast to be very windy

Hayden and OC Bill Snyder gave McGwire every opportunity to win the position. But Tom Poholsky beat him out in 1986. Then Chuck Hartlieb joined the party. All three saw action early in 1987, in fact all three may have started. They finally settled on Hartlieb early in conference play and McGwire saw little action after that, then transferred out at the end of the year.

Does that mean you were happy with McGuire?
Not necessarily. We had 3 really good QB's and he chose to leave. Don't know what level he would have reached if he stayed at Iowa, but if Petras can get drafted in the first round, that would be great for Iowa.

Not necessarily. We had 3 really good QB's and he chose to leave. Don't know what level he would have reached if he stayed at Iowa, but if Petras can get drafted in the first round, that would be great for Iowa.
His daughter that played at Oregon is a 6'5" smoke show if you're into tall chicks. Just throwing that out there...

Dan Mcguire QB for one year back in the late 80s. highly touted and could throw the ball a long ways. OK Mcguire was a bit taller but had the arm strength they talk about with Petras. Of course we don't want it to end like it did with Mcguire leaving Iowa in a real tissy and transferring to San Diego State i think
Both Mcguire and Petras from California. Mcguire could throw it a long ways and real fast but turned out to be a better thrower than passer. Hopefully that's where the comparison ends

PS Better have a strong arm Saturday since it is forecast to be very windy

Dan Mcguire took FOOOOORRRRREEEVVVVER to drop back to pass. Slow footwork and hayden didnt use much shotgun. I saw him throw one about 80 yards in kinnick but he was a statue back there. Poholsky played well in relief but Hartlieb was a gamer. Jim Hartlieb was a really good qb also who was just coming into his own when he got injured.

Buddy and I went to the Meadowlands for the kickoff classic. I think Sherman was the starter and we lost the game on some kind of 90 yard turnover play that I believe sas Sherman's fault to start the game. We stayed in the same hotel as the team and were sitting downstairs at the bar watching football. A couple hours after the game, in walks Dan Mcguire. He sits down at the bar and starts drinking beer. He did not look happy....

Right now he seems like Jake C. Throws hard and inaccurate and does not look the defense off at all. For now - it will be best that he just fire the ball into the dirt and let the RBs handle the game.

you know in this day and age they could just tell Petras he has Covid and cant play for 3 weeks

Latest posts