Peter Jok

Zstatman

The Northern Arizona Suns have traded the rights to Peter Jok to the Austin Spurs for Matt Farrell, who played collegiatley at Notre Dame.

I have no idea if this means anything for Peter. I don't know how well his time in France has gone but, who knows, maybe Pops thinks Peter can bring something to the Spurs.

This must be the time when the long season starts wearing on NBA players as there seems to be a lot of roster movement starting. Matt Mooeny, of the Memphis Hustle, was just signed to a two way contract with Cleveland, evidently replacing Tyler Cook's two way contract. Remember, Memphis is where Jarrod Uthoff plays, maybe he's next.

The Northern Arizona Suns have traded the rights to Peter Jok to the Austin Spurs for Matt Farrell, who played collegiatley at Notre Dame.

I have no idea if this means anything for Peter. I don't know how well his time in France has gone but, who knows, maybe Pops thinks Peter can bring something to the Spurs.

This must be the time when the long season starts wearing on NBA players as there seems to be a lot of roster movement starting. Matt Mooeny, of the Memphis Hustle, was just signed to a two way contract with Cleveland, evidently replacing Tyler Cook's two way contract. Remember, Memphis is where Jarrod Uthoff plays, maybe he's next.

I've nearly given up on tracking the g league. It's such a wild west environment. One day TC is signing an NBA contract and the next day he is released. Meanwhile players come and go and switch teams like the wind.

Not really He signed a 2 way contract with the cavaliers at the beginning of the year. Then the Cavs converted it to a standard contract, and right before it went into effect they released him. Then they signed him to a 10 day contract which I believe expires in a couple days. Now they can sign him to 1 more 10 day contract if they want...but then they either have to release him or sign him for the year.

Its a cluster F. I can't imagine the emotions and stress those guys must go through.

While not great the Cavs are playing better ball, I saw they beat the Nuggets in Denver just last week I think it was. Bielein must be doing something right and it appears he likes TC and is at least giving him a chance. It seems like Uthoff was in this same boat a couple years ago, just about to get the full NBA conract and just before it would go into effect he'd get released and he's still trying to make it back.

Wuuut, the NBA started?

I've nearly given up on tracking the g league. It's such a wild west environment. One day TC is signing an NBA contract and the next day he is released. Meanwhile players come and go and switch teams like the wind.

2 way contracts, 10 day contracts, etc. etc.. All confusing to me. I don't keep track of it either.

I thought Jok would get more of a shot in the NBA. 6'6 dudes that can catch and shoot are in high demand I thought in todays game. D wasn't his strength by any means but it's the NBA who cares about that? He's young enough hopefully he still might.

I saw a tweet where the Austin Spurs stated they had acquired his rights in a trade. Peter liked the tweek so he is aware. I hope he gets a shot.

I thought Jok would get more of a shot in the NBA. 6'6 dudes that can catch and shoot are in high demand I thought in todays game. D wasn't his strength by any means but it's the NBA who cares about that? He's young enough hopefully he still might.
Is Kyle Korver that much better? I guess the answer is, he must be.

Is Kyle Korver that much better? I guess the answer is, he must be.
Yeah perhaps he used to be. Now I think he's kind of a shell of what he once was. I would think one of 32 teams could use a guy like Jok for peats sake. Maybe he just hasn't performed all that well when 'auditioning' or whatever. I dunno. But I'm rooting for him he's a great dude

You must not have watched the NBA for while. D is much better and emphasized since they started allowing zone defense.

You must not have watched the NBA for while. D is much better and emphasized since they started allowing zone defense.
You are joking right? Have you seen a Houston Rockets game? Or about any NBA game. 135-120 scores are often reached. D is in no way being emphasized. They took away hand checking. Every other foul is looked at as being a flagrant. It's ridiculous how many FTs are being taken and 3 pters. So if your joking ok haha. But I disagree with you if not.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree. If you've never seen an NBA game from when Bird, Magic or Jordan was playing you won't know what I mean.

I agree.

But 6'6" dudes that can catch and shoot and slash are in higher demand.

The NBA isn't playing great D, but you have to body up slashers and be physcial. That is not Jok's game. And I think that is what is keeping him out of the NBA.

I agree.

But 6'6" dudes that can catch and shoot and slash are in higher demand.

The NBA isn't playing great D, but you have to body up slashers and be physcial. That is not Jok's game. And I think that is what is keeping him out of the NBA.
Yeah perhaps. To a large degree for sure. I just figured to be a 12th man on the end of the bench and to come in situationally he would have some value. But perhaps not

Latest posts