Peter Jok

hawk2012

Jok reminds me of Uthoff as a sophomore. For brief spurts, he looks like the best player on the floor and then will disappear for large portions of the game. It seems to be a confidence thing. He need to just let if fly like Uthoff has started doing this season. He should be taking at least 3 3-pointers a game.

He really needs to play well consistently for this team to be great. I am pleased with the development of the other aspects of his game. First, he seems to be our best interior feeder. He had a couple of nice passes to Oleseni in the last few games. This a pass that our point guards don't seem to be to consistently make. Also, his defense his much improved this season. He can still get better, but he's no longer a liability out there. He also rebounds well and has a few steals lately.

I don't think Pete lacks confidence. I think he's trying to become a complete player...improve his defense, passing, etc. He's getting there and I suspect he will start taking more shots as the season progresses. I have no inside knowledge...just my sense of how he's developing. And I have also noticed he's arguably our best guard when it comes to feeding the post...actually knows how to feed with a bounce pass.

I think Peter may have a real shot at the NBA.

The best and most recent example that you can make is of course Dev Marble. I started out with the intention of comparing their stats as a sophomore. However, as a sophomore Dev logged nearly 30 minutes per game. Where Peter is only playing 17 so the comparison was off.

But if you look at Dev as a freshman, he played 19 minutes and 5.7 points, 2.4 RB, 1.3 dimes,
Shot 38% from the floor, 53% from the line and 28.6% from 3.

In comparison, Jok is playing a couple minutes less but scoring the same... 2.3 RB, 1.1 dimes, 30.9% from the floor, 95% from the line and 29.5% from 3.

So granted Jok will have 1 less year to develop being one year in but you can see they are pretty comparable and Dev is hanging in the NBA.

He needs more minutes; need him to shoot anytime he is open.

His defense is much improved and provides some nice length and rebounding that JO doesn't.

I think Peter may have a real shot at the NBA.

The best and most recent example that you can make is of course Dev Marble. I started out with the intention of comparing their stats as a sophomore. However, as a sophomore Dev logged nearly 30 minutes per game. Where Peter is only playing 17 so the comparison was off.

But if you look at Dev as a freshman, he played 19 minutes and 5.7 points, 2.4 RB, 1.3 dimes,
Shot 38% from the floor, 53% from the line and 28.6% from 3.

In comparison, Jok is playing a couple minutes less but scoring the same... 2.3 RB, 1.1 dimes, 30.9% from the floor, 95% from the line and 29.5% from 3.

So granted Jok will have 1 less year to develop being one year in but you can see they are pretty comparable and Dev is hanging in the NBA.

Wait....What??!?

I have watched Pete play since the seventh grade. He just needs to play. When Pete was in the seventh grade a coach in Ames worked out Harrison Barnes between noon and 1 and Peter between 1 and 2. He said that Jok was better in three areas: handling, passing and shooting. His knee problems hurt him as did poor coaching in high school. Now he just needs to play so that he gets his confidence back.

Latest posts