Peter Jok

I think there's a difference between being the best option, and being a true go-to player. I don't think the Jok of today would be able to take over Big Ten games, at least not against the better teams. He might improve and get to that point, but the Jok playing at Valley right now isn't that guy.

The Jok playing at Valley right now is not the same Jok that will be playing at Iowa next November either???

More+Threads+3.jpg

The Seniors next season, hopefully, have that urgency that just about every Senior class gets. If that happens, Jok will be a heck of a player for the second unit, just like Uthoff and maybe Meyer.

If Gabe doesn't redshirt think about this second unit:
Clemmons
Jok
Uthoff
McCabe
Olaseni

You still have solid defense there, but a lot more scoring, think about if Iowa had a couple more options to come off the bench and score this year.

Over time I think you will see players like Oglesby/Ingram make serious contributions, but probably not until Oglesby is a Senior due to graduation and Ingram as a Junior due to graduation as well.

Freshman playing early, unless they are really good is not a bad thing. What I look at is how those players that aren't playing early, or are forced into action before being ready (Oglesby, Ingram, Meyer) how do they develop, that is what will make or break Iowa's future.

Latest posts