Pete Carroll to Seattle/Seantreal Henderson to Iowa????

Iahwkfan

What is the impact of the rumors of Carroll fleeing USC for the NFL on Henderson's college choice ????? Connecting the dots....Bulaga decides to leave early, a starting left tackle spot is open at Iowa......he likes the school......

What is the impact of the rumors of Carroll fleeing USC for the NFL on Henderson's college choice ????? Connecting the dots....Bulaga decides to leave early, a starting left tackle spot is open at Iowa......he likes the school......
Hopefully this will make a recruit appreciate a stable coaching situation like Iowa has.

The Buckeyes become the front runner IMO now. USC was certainly the team to beat prior to the PC situation.

The Buckeyes become the front runner. However the way this works for Iowa is that as the USC recruits start falling to different programs, that means OSU offers will get pulled or not emerge. Won't see any last minute grabs of Iowa recruits by anOSU.

If he goes to OSU or if any other USC recruits go to OSU now, this Pete Carroll thing might not be a good thing for Iowa.

according to the USC site on Scout, USC has 15 commits so far:
5 5*
8 4*

of those 15, 13 are from the state of California, 1 from NV and 1 from Illinois.
call me crazy, but I would be pretty surprised if any of those already committed players besides Prater from Illinois headed to the Midwest.

I don't think the 'ripple effect' will be that great for Iowa.

getting Seantrel would be very nice, however; my fingers are crossed

I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that Iowa is in Henderson's top 5.

Can anyone provide me with a link to something that suggests otherwise?

I know it's wishful thinking and all, but from what I've seen Iowa is a distant thought for him, regardless what happens at USC.

I don't understand why he WOULDN'T want to come to Iowa...

-We will be in contention for the national title next year
-He will most likely start right away
-The best O-Line coach in the country
-Many successful Iowa O-Lineman in the NFL
-Great academic school
-Great party school
-NFL scouts play closer attention to Ferentz' linemen

vs.

-It's cold

-Great academic school
-Great party school

vs.

-It's cold

All of those points are good, though I'd like to see one taken of the list I know I'm being unrealistic. I'm not sure if the kid is smart enough to see the handwriting on the wall and if he isn't, well, I don't think he is a big loss.

-Great academic school
-Great party school

vs.

-It's cold

I agree with everything including the cold. But didn't we read in an interview with SH a while back where he said going to a big city university was important and he mentioned that as a strike against South Bend??

-Great academic school
-Great party school

vs.

-It's cold

Can't USC, OSU, and any number of big schools he is interested provide a similar list?

Who knows what his priorities are? I really don't like the posts I have been reading saying some version of "Why wouldn't he come to Iowa?" Iowa has a lot to offer, but so do the other schools he is considering. Sure you have made up YOUR mind that he should obviously go to Iowa, but maybe he has other things in mind. He seems like a sharp kid, and he will make the right choice for him. Convincing yourself that he should go to Iowa is just setting yourself up for disapointment.

Latest posts