Perschbacher What If's

Hawknigh

Saw Perschbacher making plays in the Alabama game and couldn't help wonder "what if" he had stayed in Iowa. Glad to see that he is making an impact there, but "what if?"

Line was pretty good for most of the year. Even if he is an upgrade, I'm not sure an offensive guard is going have a major impact that a skill guy could have.

He's obviously wouldn't have made a difference against Stanford so the only what if you could say would be the MSU game and that was more on our D allowing a long 4th quarter drive so my conclusion to your what if is still a 12-2 record.

The he bigger what if for this season is What if Ott had stayed healthy.

Line was pretty good for most of the year. Even if he is an upgrade, I'm not sure an offensive guard is going have a major impact that a skill guy could have.

He's obviously wouldn't have made a difference against Stanford so the only what if you could say would be the MSU game and that was more on our D allowing a long 4th quarter drive so my conclusion to your what if is still a 12-2 record.

The he bigger what if for this season is What if Ott had stayed healthy.

Huh? He couldn't have made a difference in keeping CJ pressured less?

You really think he would've stayed at guard? I doubt it would've made a difference in the outcome on Friday but I'd be willing to bet he'd have done a tad better than Daniels did out there.

Really not seeing any alternate realities here. I think we've established that we need better skill position players to climb any higher.

He would have helped.

Having Ott though, would have helped more, and he actually came to Iowa. Having Ott and Canzeri in Indy...we win that game. A B1G title would have lessened the sting quite a bit from any bowl blowout loss.

He made a terrible decision. He could have been starting LT on a team that produces tons of NFL lineman. Rather than a guard. One that went undefeated in the regular season. He would be in position to make a lot more money in the NFL had he not went back on his word.

He made a terrible decision. He could have been starting LT on a team that produces tons of NFL lineman. Rather than a guard. One that went undefeated in the regular season. He would be in position to make a lot more money in the NFL had he not went back on his word.

While I agree he very well could have played LT at Iowa, I doubt the bolded part bothers him much since he will be playing for a national championship next week.

Two home state recruits who could have really helped--Pierschbacher and Darboh--were significant misses for the program.

I think having him would have made minimal difference. Maybe a slight improvement in the big ten championship game? Maybe?

While I agree he very well could have played LT at Iowa, I doubt the bolded part bothers him much since he will be playing for a national championship next week.

Anybody hear anything from him, family, or friends? I suspect that he likes it . . . national championships games and all . . . and they treat football players like royalty in Tuscaloosa. However, he has to think it would have been nice to be on this year's Iowa team.

"What if we had played Willies more?"
Team chemistry would have been crappy....he was a legend in his own mind and on these message boards. Great practice player who couldn't remember what route to run or who to block when he got in the games.

As long as we are going to talk about "What if's", then WHAT IF Jake Campos had decided to take every expert's word on which team to go to and had ended up here with Pierschbacher? And does anyone remember how Orlando Brown, Jr. had Iowa on his short list because of Kirk's relationship with his dad (via the Browns)? ICYMI, he was the startig LT for Oklahoma last week. RSFR

Tell me that those 3 guys paired with young Daniels and take your pick from the rest of our future starters next year wouldn't EASILY be the best OLine in the country?

It is still amazing to me how these highly touted kids on the OLine keep turning us down.

Isn;t it crazy how Lazard was a Hawkeye fan his whole life before changing his mind before signing day....

Latest posts