Perfect Storm

SonofaSailor

I am very concerned about this weekend's game...but I can't help but feel this is all a bit of a perfect storm for Iowa, if you will. We are 8-0, undefeated...two trophies in the case already and 3 wins over .500 ball clubs. And by all accounts the national narrative is casting Iowa as the outsider, undeserving, etc. It's not very often that you can be undefeated this late in the year...and Kirk can use his chip on the shoulder narrative. How many times have you heard "Iowa does better under the radar..."? I don't know if it's a conscious decision or not but Kirk is pretty good at painting the us against the world narrative to his Hawkeye teams.

Whatever the result is...I'm just enjoying the heck out of this ride! I predicted 10 wins this year (but I always predict 10 wins...because I'm that guy...). But this season is already a success in my book...everything else is just black and gold icing on the cake. Sure I might be disappointed...but after where we were following the offseason? This year is already a success!!!

Regardless, Go Hawks! Beat the Hoosiers!!!

Can I get an.........

I

hqdefault.jpg

Latest posts