Per Steve Wilfong-OT Brian Wallace down to Arkansas and Alabama.

I had hopes we'd close out the recruiting strong, but with Jennings, Young and now Wallace elsewhere I wonder who the final scholarships will go to.

What a dumb mistake. Why would he even consider Alabama when they have 6 OL recruits already. Arkansas I can understand.

Kids wanna play for the best. 17 year olds aren't necessarily capable of seeing or considering that they WON'T be the go to and best option.. that things might not work out.

I really hope we can pull Okorafor away from Western Michigan. Kid looks legit, just needs more time and teaching.

Kids wanna play for the best. 17 year olds aren't necessarily capable of seeing or considering that they WON'T be the go to and best option.. that things might not work out.

I really hope we can pull Okorafor away from Western Michigan. Kid looks legit, just needs more time and teaching.
Exactly, kids have been told they are best for several years. They believe they can and will beat out anyone they come up against at Alabama or anywhere else. And obviously, some of them can.

With Scherff returning, I guess it technically afforded us the ability to not pull Pierschbacher or Wallace.

Still, you'd like to see a team known for breeding line talent able to pull in a stud or two every year that can contribute right away. We were able to see what Alex Kozan was able to do at Auburn this year.

That said, the Paulsen twins could go a long way towards doing that next year. I'm really optimistic for those 2.

We should have the Paulsen twins and that sets us up nicely esp if we get Okofur or whatever...need an official from him

Also, we are in Jennings' final 3...Pitt may be a slight leader there but we are still in it. It will be really interesting to see what happens with the guys we are recruiting hard and the few scholarships we have left. An win against LSU would look great

I hope he picks Alabama along with all the other OL that still need to pick. If he does maybe RP will return to Iowa, that would be fantastic, though highly unlikely. How many OL can bama take in once class?? I hate the SEC and oversigning.

I hope he picks Alabama along with all the other OL that still need to pick. If he does maybe RP will return to Iowa, that would be fantastic, though highly unlikely. How many OL can bama take in once class?? I hate the SEC and oversigning.
I think they can take a total of 20 OL, 20 DL, and 20 skill players. They will just cut 30 who aren't up to snuff to make room. Seems fair.

I think they can take a total of 20 OL, 20 DL, and 20 skill players. They will just cut 30 who aren't up to snuff to make room. Seems fair.

Yes, it is a huge plus for recruiting when you have no scholly limits.... Sign'em all, and weed them out later. What a crock.

Highly doubt Ross would get scared off by that. I would think he would take it as a challenge and an opportunity to get even better by practicing with those guys. If he switched back to Iowa solely because he was afraid of the competition at Alabama, then I'd be a bit concerned. It wouldn't look good for him to do that. "Well, I'm not sure I can compete now at Bama, so I'm going to run back to Iowa". I'd still like to see it but just think that ship has sailed at this point.

Highly doubt Ross would get scared off by that. I would think he would take it as a challenge and an opportunity to get even better by practicing with those guys. If he switched back to Iowa solely because he was afraid of the competition at Alabama, then I'd be a bit concerned. It wouldn't look good for him to do that. "Well, I'm not sure I can compete now at Bama, so I'm going to run back to Iowa". I'd still like to see it but just think that ship has sailed at this point.

none of these kids are scared of this prospect, otherwise, they wouldn't take as many high star guys each and every year. and they shouldn't be. would you want a guy on your team who was afraid of competition. now, when reality sets in, that is a whole different thing these guys will have to deal with (mentally).

Not saying he should switch due to competition, but what if a coach told you we need you at OG to fill a hole for us but then they sign 7 other OL. In my mind that's like saying, well we need you but just in case we have 7 other guys that can do the job. I have no idea if Saban said that, but if he did I would find it interesting. I really don't see him switching back either, but just saying.

Not saying he should switch due to competition, but what if a coach told you we need you at OG to fill a hole for us but then they sign 7 other OL. In my mind that's like saying, well we need you but just in case we have 7 other guys that can do the job. I have no idea if Saban said that, but if he did I would find it interesting. I really don't see him switching back either, but just saying.

I see what you're saying, maybe they pumped him up and made him feel special but they are still recruiting his comptetition. James Harrington from CF went to Bama to run track and then transferred back to Iowa after a year. Who knows, maybe after a year with Saban down South and Ross will be ready to come back home too!

Considering our record in recruiting noted WR's, the fact that he will be visiting Pitt (again) and Ark nearer his decision time, the fact that Bielema is an excellent recruiter, and that Pitt is in near proximity to home............I will be surprised if another of our last noted targets, Jennings, becomes a Hawk.

Outside of our recent QB success our 2014 prospect heat map has been running a cooler color for quite some time now. Hard to see a strong finish to this class considering the few remaining notables that the various recruiting services are listing for Iowa. A reach deeper into the cookie jar would seem to be coming.

Latest posts