Per Mom, This is Riley Till's Last Season at Iowa

There wasn't a scholarship for them next year. Unclear if he will be a graduate transfer with another year of eligibility remaining. I'll try to find out. If someone knows, please share.

I wonder if he will look for a scholarship elsewhere and look to grad transfer to start on his masters? Hard saying but looks like he's a business major and if you can get a free year of school, why not?

OT but I uncovered this gem off her twitter feed. I couldn't agree more! If a players mother is saying this I can't image the players not thinking this as well.

Joe Fredrick talked about it too. It's a big deal that could easily sway a close game or two a year in our favor. I've said it before, but we lost two close games at home at the end of the '16 season. With an atmosphere like the Breslin Center, maybe we win those two games and have a big 10 championship.

OT but I uncovered this gem off her twitter feed. I couldn't agree more! If a players mother is saying this I can't image the players not thinking this as well.

Joe Fredrick talked about it too. It's a big deal that could easily sway a close game or two a year in our favor. I've said it before, but we lost two close games at home at the end of the '16 season. With an atmosphere like the Breslin Center, maybe we win those two games and have a big 10 championship.
Wisconsin doesn’t seat students like the Breslin or Cameron indoor either and they’ve been a pretty dominant team at home historically.

Quite frankly we don’t get good enough student turnout for this to work anyway.

Wisconsin doesn’t seat students like the Breslin or Cameron indoor either and they’ve been a pretty dominant team at home historically.

Quite frankly we don’t get good enough student turnout for this to work anyway.
Wisconsin has been good at home because they have been a good team. Having a rowdy crowd doesn't guarantee you win, it just gives you a slight advantage which can be the difference here and there. It can also help recruiting. It's also possible students would come with better seats.

But why is that?
Carver isn’t very close to where majority of the students live and it’s a pain getting there and back for a game in the cold (despite Cambus).

In general across college sports it seems like attendance is falling. People have just elected to do other things.

Also what would happen when we are playing a televised game over winter break and the entire area next to the floor is empty becuase those are student seats?

Wisconsin has been good at home because they have been a good team. Having a rowdy crowd doesn't guarantee you win, it just gives you a slight advantage which can be the difference here and there. It can also help recruiting. It's also possible students would come with better seats.
I agree it’s not entirely cut and dry. Would more students come if they had those seats? I think so yes, but would they consistently on a game to game basis fill it? That I don’t know but I think is unlikely. What happens over winter break when the students are gone?

What happens when we have a crappy team and we have a bunch of empty seats down on the floor?

I get the logic but for Iowa I don’t think the correct answer is moving the students there.

Carver isn’t very close to where majority of the students live and it’s a pain getting there and back for a game in the cold (despite Cambus).

In general across college sports it seems like attendance is falling. People have just elected to do other things.

Also what would happen when we are playing a televised game over winter break and the entire area next to the floor is empty becuase those are student seats?

I'm not buying that, those excuses have always been around. If the kids are willing to go out in the cold to go to a game at the Breslin they would go out in the cold to attend the game in Carver. Before the Pierre Pierce shit the students used to fill their section and that was with shitty seats.

Or just sell beer. Problem solved. Iowa has one of the best fan bases in the nation. There's no excuse for such a bad atmosphere.

It's a sad fact that I imagine Iowa will be in the top 20 for attendance this season in all of college hoops. They've had 3 or 4 sell outs, which is more then we've typically seen in recent seasons.

Easy. At tip off, everyone move down to the open seats. Just make it a tradition. Students know to get there before tip or they sit up high.

It's a sad fact that I imagine Iowa will be in the top 20 for attendance this season in all of college hoops. They've had 3 or 4 sell outs, which is more then we've typically seen in recent seasons.
Our problem isnt number of fans. Its average age of fans. They gotta get young people there. Better seats for the students. Sell beer. Stop doing the fucking burrito lift.

Easy. At tip off, everyone move down to the open seats. Just make it a tradition. Students know to get there before tip or they sit up high.

Yep, and it's not like they have to dedicate the first 10 rows for students just enough rows to ensure they are always filled. It's first come first serve, just make a few rows available at the bottom. If you get there early you are getting seats at half court, if you don't then you are sitting behind the basket.

Hahaha that would be a logistic nightmare.

What happens when my buddy and I go up for popcorn and we come back and our seats have now been taken. Nobody has a claim to the seats? Looks like I’m sitting at the top now becuase I went to concession stand or to take a leak.

Sorry, I've thrown this off topic. Let us know more about Riley Till if it comes out. I'm curious to know if he's gonna use his last year or not. I knew his scholarship was only a 1 year deal but I was hoping he'd stick around as he's nice depth to have. I hope he uses that last year of eligibility somewhere else. He'd probably see a lot of minutes at a place like Drake.

Latest posts