Peoria’s Kendrick Green Struggling with College Decision

He'd be a tremendous fit here. His motor runs fast all the time. Nasty streak, too.

boy, he sure looks like he would get early PT regardless of which side of the line he plays. you can definitely see the OL talent and DL talent. kid is a load that uses leverage well.

If you believe in smoke from blogs, this one from the IL side posted early today.............

"Best pos vibes from this wkend (no news of a commit yet) coming from indications from K. Green. We should know something by late today."

Listened to a couple IL podcasts from this week and indications are that he is still agonizing over a decision between IA and IL. Sounds like his recent official to IL has them in play even though they were late to offer. If I were guessing I would say it sounds like his heart is with IL and his head is saying IA. I think IA has lost some momentum here vs. a month ago.

They thought decision could be coming anytime.

Hope the Hawks have a lot of "backup plans" in the works because it seems like they have lost a lot of momentum on the recruiting trail? I have no sources or inside info, just a gut feeling... then again I had the Hawks over Stanford last year, what the hell do I know?

Did he grow up a fan of theirs or what? I wonder what overriding factor(s) he had going into going to Ilinois... Because I don't see many reasons to go there instead of Iowa..

Did he grow up a fan of theirs or what? I wonder what overriding factor(s) he had going into going to Ilinois... Because I don't see many reasons to go there instead of Iowa..

I think sometimes poster over rate how good schools are. He likes the coaching staff and I'm sure they are smelling him on being part of turning around Illinois and playing early.

Heard he was getting a lot of encouragement from folks in Peoria to stay home. Disappointed. Coaches really liked him. Good fit here.

. . . except Martin's pressure is to join a good program, Green's pressure was to join a dumpster fire. Kid made the wrong choice. Martin still has a chance to make the right choice.
That's what makes Green's choice such a head scratcher. Iowa being in a much better position as a program overall not to mention the position he plays being one of need for us. Next year DT is as open of a position as any we'll have. Maybe Lattimore has the inside track to one spot... The kid could have been in line for early PT be it right away or as a RS freshman at worst.
Seeing Michigan poop the bed tickled me. Their QB don't impress me. I sure hope Martin stays home. I think he and Stanley could hit it off early and both have heck of careers playing off each other.