Peoria’s Kendrick Green Struggling with College Decision

RobHowe

Administrator
Kendrick Green, a key Iowa target in the '17 Class, is struggling with his decision, the Peoria OL told HN Wednesday:

STORY

Perfect fit for the Hawks... great stuff Rob! Really need to win the battles with Johnston, Nelson, Martin, and Green.

He'd be a tremendous fit here. His motor runs fast all the time. Nasty streak, too.

What level players is he competing against? One of the most impressive lineman highlight videos I have seen (admittedly, I am no expert), and he truly looks like a man among toddlers. A 270 lb lineman running down RBs and WRs and pounding them to the ground with impunity.

What level players is he competing against? One of the most impressive lineman highlight videos I have seen (admittedly, I am no expert), and he truly looks like a man among toddlers. A 270 lb lineman running down RBs and WRs and pounding them to the ground with impunity.

Peoria was the 5A state champ with 8A being the largest class. Illinois has good HS football. It's not FL, CA or TX, but a lot of talent comes out of the state.

If you noticed the first clip of his highlights, they put him in the backfield and he scores a rushing TD. He's a very athletic 6-3, 270.

Peoria was the 5A state champ with 8A being the largest class. Illinois has good HS football. It's not FL, CA or TX, but a lot of talent comes out of the state.

If you noticed the first clip of his highlights, they put him in the backfield and he scores a rushing TD. He's a very athletic 6-3, 270.

And pancakes that poor kid 5 yards into the endzone who failed to step out of his way.

I'll be really disappointed if we can't haul this kid in, I think he is going to be really good.

Certainly an impressive highlight tape. Holy shit. I hadn't seen that yet. I've watched a lot of highlight tapes, and that's one of the most impressive ones I've seen from a lineman. He's just completely dominant. His leverage and quickness is outstanding, and the way he finishes is brutal. After watching that he just went to the top of my wish list with Oliver Martin.

No offense, but if he's having a hard time choosing between Central Florida, Illinois, Minnesota and us....that doesn't bode too well for us. With that list, it should be a slam dunk for us.....

No offense, but if he's having a hard time choosing between Central Florida, Illinois, Minnesota and us....that doesn't bode too well for us. With that list, it should be a slam dunk for us.....

I think it's Minnesota and us. He tweeted a picture of himself with what looked like the entire Minnesota football staff at his house. They must really be putting a full court press on him. Probably making it hard for him to decide.

I tend to agree with your observation with Green.

Seems like some of our most prized candidates that remain uncommitted have been stretching out their decisions in spite of having them in our grasp during official visits, seeing some tremendous games, seeing the facilities, crowds, not to mention the length of time we've been courting some.

Not sure I want to know about what Plan B looks like but I'm sure it's ready to go if & when needed.

I could be reading into it a little bit, but I thought this comment was interesting:

The Hawkeyes showed Green a good time on his official visit. True freshman offensive lineman Alaric Jackson played host to him.

“He said he’s enjoying it but most people were telling me that freshman year was tough. You just have to get through it,” Green said.

The coaching staff at Iowa is pretty honest about the fact they are looking for players who can fit the Iowa mold. Meaning you better come in ready to work your ass off. The fact he made that statement in an interview makes me wonder if he's hesitating because he's not sure he has what it takes to get through that first year at Iowa. Clearly I'm not talking physically because the kid is a beast. I'm talking mentally. Gut check time. Time to accept that challenge young man. Ask yourself what are your goals are and where do you want to be? Which program gives you the best chance to get there?

The answer to those questions is pretty obvious. The facts and numbers don't lie. Running from hard work isn't going to teach you anything.

If the decision is down to Iowa, Minnesota and Illinois there is no decision. Cmon kid use your head.

Now that Iowa has won the Joe Moore Award for OL unit and the prospectus that James Daniels may be an AA next year and a great mentor. C'mon Minnie -So-Duh...... No way! Go Hawks!

If every recruit thought like that, we would never beat out programs that are better than us.

Latest posts