Penn State's offense this year

I'm not convinced that they go 1-7 this year in BIG play.

While they do return a very few number of starters, they still have some highly-rated players on their roster in terms of recruiting. They have talent, they just don't have experience.

I'd expect them to be 4-4 or 3-5 this year.

I'm not convinced that they go 1-7 this year in BIG play.

While they do return a very few number of starters, they still have some highly-rated players on their roster in terms of recruiting. They have talent, they just don't have experience.

I'd expect them to be 4-4 or 3-5 this year.

feel like this is a pretty good guess.

I am trying to remember when Penn State had a good offense. They always had a "just good enough" offense with a strong defense and this years team looks to fit that model.

But I hope you are right and they fall flat on their face, the fan base deserves it.

I am trying to remember when Penn State had a good offense. They always had a "just good enough" offense with a strong defense and this years team looks to fit that model.

But I hope you are right and they fall flat on their face, the fan base deserves it.

In 2008 they had a lot of fire power. I think they called their offense the "Spread HD" that year.

I never read up on all their sanctions- I assume this first year is the only year that players can transfer out without penalty?

very similar to the Baltimore Ravens of the last decade or so. Usually a good (sometimes great) running game, QB who could manage the game, and lean on the D to keep it close/win games.

not a bad way to run your team in the big 10. not going to work this year though, just waaay to weak of an O.

I find it interesting that it will probably be hard to judge O'Brien as a coach. He may be a poor football coach anyway, but with the lack of experience it will he hard to tell how much of it is the team vs how much it is the new head coach being in over his head.
On the other hand, if he wins with the depleted teams, we will know he is a pretty good coach.

Latest posts