Penn State's offense this year

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
They were at 5 returning starters at the end of last season. Now, they are down to just two: Matt McGloin at QB and their center. Every skill position returning starter is gone. Their top three pass catchers are gone. One of two best returning RB's in Big Ten is gone.

They were only returning four starters on defense to begin with, so they have six returning starters from their 22 position players. You rarely see so few returning starters on any roster. Boise State returns 5 and Air Force 6 this year...those are the only other teams below 7, along with Penn State. Their six total returning starters is tied with Boise State for dead last.

Their offense is going to struggle mightily...and the best friend for a struggling offense, or one of them, is a great punter. They also lost that guy to Texas, in Fera. He was also their placekicker!

This team is going to be very, very, very bad. I have them at 1-7 in the Big Ten, their lone win at home vs Indiana.

Last edited:
I'm fresh out of sympathy for psu football. I am going to thoroughly enjoy watching them get stomped this season, particularly in that ugly giant erector set stadium in front of their hatefully delusional fans.

I'm fresh out of sympathy for psu football. I am going to thoroughly enjoy watching them get stomped this season, particularly in that ugly giant erector set stadium in front of their hatefully delusional fans.

The staggering thing here is that this year's team will likely be as good as PSU has over the next five or six years

To be totally honest with you, I'm not sure that Indiana can't win that game. 1-7 may be generous.

TEAM OUTLAW!!!

Fortunately they have a lot fewer pedophile enablers with the team this year, compared to the number they've had for the last few decades.

I just hope this year's offense will not involve pedophilia. They should scale it back a little. Try, say.........failure to yield or something.

This is why I don't understand why Akeel Lynch decided to stay. He won't redshirt and therefore will never play for a championship or bowl game. Bill O'Brien is selling all these PSU players about playing in front of 108,000 cheering "fans" (cult followers) on Saturdays but I wonder if he mentioned they also will get to play in front of 500,000 real fans rooting against them through the season?

How long before the PSU 108,000 turns to 78,000?

should be interesting to track the decline

I'm fairly certain that fans of their home opponents will be a lot less likely to travel all the way to crappy valley. It was a creepy, isolated place before the train wreck and it's more repulsive now.
I suspect the visitors section of their stands will be pretty empty this season and in the coming years.

So there should be no reason why we cant crush them at kinnick right? What its looking like now, is penn st is on the level of indiana and minnesota. Shouldnt lose to.any of them, but hey somehow we still do.

So there should be no reason why we cant crush them at kinnick right? What its looking like now, is penn st is on the level of indiana and minnesota. Shouldnt lose to.any of them, but hey somehow we still do.
True. Kurt could find a way.

they still have 2 of the best linebackers in the big ten and a couple solid D linemen. I don't expect their defense to be terrible.

Wasn't their offense already bad to begin with? I didn't think PSU would be very good before the transfers, but they will definitely be bad.

they still have 2 of the best linebackers in the big ten and a couple solid D linemen. I don't expect their defense to be terrible.

mike mauti will be injured and not playing by the first week of October.
Dude is made of glass.

Latest posts