Penn State vs. Ohio State

Penn State and it's not even close... We already own the head to head tie breaker vs PSU. If they win, we could lose to tOSU in a couple weeks and still go to the Rose Bowl.

Last edited:
I'm rooting for Penn State, since Iowa has already beaten them, are their only loss and they can help our BCS more because of those things and because Ohio State could use a little more "deflation" before the Hawks hit Columbus.

It depends. If I absolutely knew we were going to beat Ohio State, I would cheer for tOSU cuz it would make our win over them better in the eyes of the media. But right now, I'm cheering for PSU.

It depends. If I absolutely knew we were going to beat Ohio State, I would cheer for tOSU cuz it would make our win over them better in the eyes of the media. But right now, I'm cheering for PSU.

That's just it L-more, that Purdue loss already knocks OSU down a peg...let PSU keep on winning and keep on helping us...and hopefully we take care of OSU ourselves and PSU wins out.

I think either way if we beat OSU we cant lose. If OSU loses to PSU, our win against PSU just keeps getting better and it really helps our chances to win the Big 10. If OSU beats PSU and then we go beat OSU, the voters might think a little more of us in that respect, but more importantly we will just have completed the Quadrafecta that everyone said we couldnt do at the beginning of the year and why they wouldnt pick us to win the Big 10 or rank us highly to start the season (which was BS but is part of the reason why we werent ranked higher to start).

I really dont see OSU beating PSU though with their sputtering offense. I wouldnt be surprised to see PSU 10 point favorites to be honest.

I'm the kind of guy that likes to cover all the bases. You know, leave no doubt.

Penn State losing to Ohio State is a reason to doubt. It's a reason to worry.

If OSU beats PSU and beats us, then we have to put our hopes in Michigan beating OSU for the first time since 2003 for us to go to the Rose Bowl...........

I'd rather us not have as much to worry about. So if PSU could do us a favor and knock off Ohio State I'd appreciate it.

Then it comes down to us taking care of business in our home games.

Of course we could just as easily solve everything by beating Ohio State, but we'd have less to worry about if Penn State beat the as well the week before.

Still, we gotta beat Indiana and Northwestern in order to worry about Ohio State.

I know they(players/coaches) look at standings and know whats going on. OSU losing to Penn State the week before we go to the Shoe gives us an opportunity to do anything we want in that game or anything necessary to win to keep a perfect season alive. Maybe we wouldnt play as tight and there would be less pressure.....just have fun and see what happens

Doesn't matter if we're 8-0, 5-3, 0-8, whatever - I'm rooting for Penn State. I like Penn State. OSU, on the other hand, I like about as much as an old moldy shoe filled with fried eggs and room-temperature diarrhea with AIDS sprinkles. Which is to say, I'm uh, not a fan.

Gotta go Penn St. I would much rather see a Buckeye team on the 14th coming off a tough loss in Happy Valley. Plus, if Ohio St. loses that game, they come into the game against Iowa in pretty much a spoiler role, since BT Championship will be pretty much out of there reach. Not a typical site in Columbus to be out of the Champ. race. I would say following a Penn St. loss, the Buckeye fans will be more interested in beating Michigan the following week than spoiling Iowa's season. Doubt they would want them to lay over, but OSU-Michigan this year could be interesting.

Latest posts