Penn st continuing the tradition of knocking down the 3 ball

Gawd awful. How can this team be so fucking bad???

This is a team full of young guys who I thought were already pretty good and a year away from being great. Turns out Maryland and Wisconsin were flukes last year and these players are not very good with the chance to be average.

This is a team full of young guys who I thought were already pretty good and a year away from being great. Turns out Maryland and Wisconsin were flukes last year and these players are not very good with the chance to be average.
Not sure I'm following you. All I know is, they suck.

Same thought process. I looked at it like a building block you build upon what you did last year. It feels like they are starting all over again.

In year 8?

You build on that NIT team, make this year a tournament team and 18-19 you have something really special. It is not going to play that way at all.

It looks like you will have to hit the reset button this year and run 2 or 3 guys out at the end of the year.

Not sure I'm following you. All I know is, they suck.

Those 2 games last year are the only reason we thought they were better than they are. If Bohannon misses the 3 against Wisconsin and he doesn't go 8-10 for 3 against Maryland, last year looks a lot different and we would have had more realistic expectations for this year.

Turns out we have Cook and a bunch of average pkayers. Are 10 average players any more of an advantage than 6 average players and 4 bad players? At least the 6 average players can get more game time.

Those 2 games last year are the only reason we thought they were better than they are. If Bohannon misses the 3 against Wisconsin and he doesn't go 8-10 for 3 against Maryland, last year looks a lot different and we would have had more realistic expectations for this year.

Turns out we have Cook and a bunch of average pkayers. Are 10 average players any more of an advantage than 6 average players and 4 bad players? At least the 6 average players can get more game time.

There was the ISU game, the Purdue game, Indiana at home. With everyone except Jok coming back it is reasonable to expect everyone to improve. For blue bloods of course the roster is constantly changing, but for everyone else this is how they get better: experience and playing together. The nucleus of the Iowa team is back, the Va. Tech game is the only loss that is excusable as far as I am concerned

When the offensive team is in NO way uncomfortable, they will drain 3’s all night. There is absolutely NO defensive pressure and hasn’t been in a very long time

There was the ISU game, the Purdue game, Indiana at home. With everyone except Jok coming back it is reasonable to expect everyone to improve. For blue bloods of course the roster is constantly changing, but for everyone else this is how they get better: experience and playing together. The nucleus of the Iowa team is back, the Va. Tech game is the only loss that is excusable as far as I am concerned
But even bad teams have a good game every now and then. Until those two road wins at the end, those games looked more like random good nights. The Indiana game especially looked like less of us playing good and more of them being stupid fouling Jok every time down the floor.

Those late road wins back to back "confirmed" that they had improved instead of just the occational good night. At least for me it did. Without those, we would have snuck into the NIT and at the end of the year we would have had a bad feeling about this year.

But even bad teams have a good game every now and then. Until those two road wins at the end, those games looked more like random good nights. The Indiana game especially looked like less of us playing good and more of them being stupid fouling Jok every time down the floor.

Those late road wins back to back "confirmed" that they had improved instead of just the occational good night. At least for me it did. Without those, we would have snuck into the NIT and at the end of the year we would have had a bad feeling about this year.

Now what? You hope they improve as the season progresses and you run off 2 or 3 guys at the end of the year?

Now what? You hope they improve as the season progresses and you run off 2 or 3 guys at the end of the year?

Well definitely the first one. I guess you also hope Wiescamp solves at least half of the back court problems and Connor at least helps some in the other part. I'm not a guy who thinks we need ultra quick guards to win. I've seen enough of Wisconsin to know that's not true.

As far as running guys off goes, I'm not sure who. I guess since Ellingson is graduating he could go. But Fran needs to have a damn good recruit coming in for that to happen.

Well definitely the first one. I guess you also hope Wiescamp solves at least half of the back court problems and Connor at least helps some in the other part. I'm not a guy who thinks we need ultra quick guards to win. I've seen enough of Wisconsin to know that's not true.

As far as running guys off goes, I'm not sure who. I guess since Ellingson is graduating he could go. But Fran needs to have a damn good recruit coming in for that to happen.

Btw, I am not a fan of running people off, but it is big boy basketball so I realize it is part of doing business. Rob and Jon on the podcast were speculating where the schollies could open up at the end of the year. Imo, Fran has to make this work I don't think the calvary is coming Conner and Wiescamp will help, but guys like Moss and Dailey have to get better, everyone on the roster has to get better.

Btw, I am not a fan of running people off, but it is big boy basketball so I realize it is part of doing business. Rob and Jon on the podcast were speculating where the schollies could open up at the end of the year. Imo, Fran has to make this work I don't think the calvary is coming Conner and Wiescamp will help, but guys like Moss and Dailey have to get better, everyone on the roster has to get better.

I think the only guys you could even consider running off are Ellingson, Wagner, Kriener, and Dailey. Like I said earlier, Ellingson makes sense since he graduated. Dailey has improved since last year and with his length, I think he's got a decent shot to be pretty good. I don't like the idea of running him off. Then Wagner and Kriener are the kind of teammates you want on your team. I guess I wouldn't hate it if either left, but I wouldn't love it either. The main thing is, we need a recruit worth doing it, and I'm not sure we are looking at anyone that fits that bill.