Pemsl record in making?

Pemsl has attitude, by far my favorite freshman to date. Pemsl, Cook, and Moss are going to be a lot of fun to watch in the coming months and years. Pemsl seems to like the contact and love the way he gets pumped up after a big play, that seems to have been lacking from this team for a long time. We need a player who gets everyone pumped up and excited, we don't want to be bland like the football team.

Pemsl provides leadership...which we lacked for the last 3-4 years...lots of players running around, not leading much...

Dont forget about Moss.

Man oh man. I have been this excited about Iowa since Woody and MG and crew were freshmen.

I hope this turns out better. And I think it will. So many athletes.

White was, a bit...but leadership was a big void in the past 3-4 teams...

And thus, games pissed away, seasons ending in tailspins...cohesion eroded...

White was, a bit...but leadership was a big void in the past 3-4 teams...

And thus, games pissed away, seasons ending in tailspins...cohesion eroded...

It'll be interesting to see how this team responds in a tight game down to the wire

What I like about this group the best is they should be around to grow together. I don't think any of them are going pro after this year or next. As good as they are they have a lot of room to grow yet. As good as Jok is and everything I think it'll be a smooth transition next year without him. Moss looks like a stud to me.

JB wants the ball...Moss wants the ball...Jok wants the ball...Dailey will want the ball...and seem pretty fearless.

Pemsl and Baer and Wagner are good players who don't "need" to shoot, but end up doing some shooting because they box out, work for position, are tenacious and are thinkers...anticipating.

This is good balance and can perhaps halt some of those painful scoring droughts and standing around we have seen in the past...waiting for a fruitless drive into multiple coverage...or wild last second shots.

Jok, JB, Pemsl seem to be emerging as leaders...which is good.

I agree he has some sweet post moves. Around the rim he reminds me of Niang. That having all been said, I'll wait until he does it vs some teams with quality big men before annointing him the next great inside force.

Bonsie Colson at Notre Dame wasn't exactly a JV player... and he did this...

## Player Name.............FG-FGA..FG-FGA..FT-FTA.OF.DE.TOT.PF..TP..A.TO.BLK.S..MIN
35 Cordell Pemsl....... f 8-9.........0-0.........2-3.....0....2.....2....4...18...3...1....0....1....23

Damn... I can't get them to line up right (I'm kinda OCD about that) but you know
what it says... 8 of 9 from the field, 2 of 3 from the line for 18 points in 23 minutes.

I think he'll do just fine. I think he's amazing for a Freshman
and will be all B1G before he's done... barring injury, of course.

Last edited:

Latest posts