Pelini just called this our bowl game

No worries. Funny story, I had family from Wisconsin come to the game in Lincoln this year from the wife's side. We had very good seats as one of her uncles is in a wheelchair. When Becky had us down big, my "family" members were high five'en each other when outside the handicap section, this lady across the aisle comes over and starts in on them about being classy. She was pointing her finger at these 70+ year old men and griping about the way their fans treated Osborne last year in Madison. Once I came out of my shock coma, I told her to sit down and shut up and to stay classy. She then starts in on me. I ask her to sit down and show some class, she continues to gripe about me to her husband and friend for the rest of the game. I just laughed, the student section is right behind us, two students lean over and tell my family, "don't listen to that crap, that is not how we treat other fans". So, we do have some boneheads for sure, as does every fan base, we just all have to rise above them and treat each other better than that. It is ok to rib one another and a bit of smack talk is healthy. I hope that our game each year is both competitive and nationally relevant for both schools.

excellent. props to you, sir.
you are right, those fans started coming out of hawkeye nation after the orange bowl as well.

Latest posts