Payton Sandfort Going Through NBA Draft Process

Payton has a much quicker release that Kris, and probably much greater range. A guy like that can sometimes find a NBA team. NBA level defense might be a problem.
Payton does have a quick release. It's probably the quickest amongst the guys we've mentioned. But it's also an inconsistent one. He's been pretty streaky at times. All he's gotta do is impress the right teams GM at the right time as he's shooting well to maybe get a shot. What he does with it from there will be anybodies guess.

Payton does have a quick release. It's probably the quickest amongst the guys we've mentioned. But it's also an inconsistent one. He's been pretty streaky at times. All he's gotta do is impress the right teams GM at the right time as he's shooting well to maybe get a shot. What he does with it from there will be anybodies guess.
Consistency is the key to Py's future. I am counting/hoping he gains that consistency next season. If so Iowa will have a good record and Payton will get drafted. Otherwise, Europe here he comes.

The comp is Duncan Robinson. Am I guilty of the white guy comparison thing? Yeah, a little bit. If I am Payton, I am looking at DR, on how he got to the league and how he stuck. DR has made nearly 100 million dollars in the NBA, by being a 6’7 guy that can shoot. If you are Payton, that is the blueprint.

Last edited:
Peyton is definitely a potential NBA player, he's on the mock drafts as a Jr., which is also a good sign that they might be good enough to play at the NBA level. Takes a lot of the guess work out of it.

He got an invite to the NBA draft combine. It is dicey now, if he is coming back. If he lights it up at the combine, from a shooting standpoint, I am not sure he is coming back. Pryce is a big boy, he doesn’t need his older brother to hold his hand.

He got an invite to the NBA draft combine. It is dicey now, if he is coming back. If he lights it up at the combine, from a shooting standpoint, I am not sure he is coming back. Pryce is a big boy, he doesn’t need his older brother to hold his hand.
If he leans toward going nba, I know a guy who will “talk” to him…

How much would he improve his stock coming back to college? Always gray area and unknowns, but on the surface, I would say, it will be hard to raise it much. Age matters in the NBA more than it should.

Latest posts