Pay for Play: Business As Usual In the SEC

In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet.

I'm actually surprised more people have not come out, but I think it's pretty obvious to most that this happens on a regular basis. The truth is, nobody really seems to care that much.

Yep, Hawks played South Carolina in the 2009 Outback Bowl when he would have been a freshman. I don't believe he played in the game. Hawks won 31-10.

$160K in one year??? I can't believe even an NFL QB could make that from signing balls and t-shirts in one year.

knock knock

who's there?

the IRS.

Honestly, that's about the only thing that'll stop it. The schools have little to no interest because I really don't think the NCAA gives 2 poops about it. If the feds think enough money is changing hands to make it worth their while, I could see the IRS digging into it.

In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet.

I'm actually surprised more people have not come out, but I think it's pretty obvious to most that this happens on a regular basis. The truth is, nobody really seems to care that much.

They dont want to burn bridges with their league, their school, etc to jeopardize future job opportunities, etc

Pretty credible source:

During the course of his career at South Carolina, Garcia was suspended five separate times and was dismissed from the program during his senior year.

This is the very foundation of the SEC dominance. This is why they are the best are football. They pay the players the most. The entire conference deserves a death penalty year.

We all know this goes on, but in order for a player to be taken seriously he will need to be somebody who wasn't a royal **** up that has no credibility. Garcia was suspended 5 times and booted off the team, to the rest of the world this just looks like sour grapes.

This is the very foundation of the SEC dominance. This is why they are the best are football. They pay the players the most. The entire conference deserves a death penalty year.

Agree. The NCAA needs to investigate but there is probably too much money at risk with the new ESPN/ABC contract with the SEC.

Anyone interested in a Cam Newton autographed Auburn football? Not hard to find this stuff all over the internet.

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/sp...-auto-auburnwp-football-mounted-memories.html

From the article: "During the course of his career at South Carolina, Garcia was suspended five separate times and was dismissed from the program during his senior year."

And what did he get from being suspended five times and dismissed during his senior year? Again, from the article: "Garcia, now a media member,..." Why it looks like he gets a job with the media!

South Carolina officials are aware of Garcia's comments and "will be looking into it lololololololololol," sports information director Steve Fink told The State on Thursday evening.

Can’t wait to hear how that investigation goes.

You forgot the players also don't have to actually go to class or do work as well.

I just posted this in the general college football forum I didn't see you had already started one. My apologies.

Latest posts