Paul Cryst snubbed....Joe Philbin the man?

I really feel bad for Paul C. Hope he lands a good position. I would have been fine with him as OC. But, hey. Philbin would be a great hire.

Chad Liestekow reported this in his column yesterday as well.
Yeah this seems like a debunked take of that authors. I'd seen that Eicholt said same thing Chad did about it. No decision has been made and Chryst is very much still in the running for it.

Fort Kinnick has earned it's nickname over the years. I'd be pretty dang shocked if some reporter for the Badgers had any kind of inside track of a source over the Iowa beat guys.

I was fine with either Philbin or Chryst, and who knows, maybe there is a wild card. At the end of the day, I think it's evident that whomever it is, they likely will align with Kirk's philosophy.

It's semantics. The decision can't be finalized/confirmed until it is. You'll see/hear reporters say someone is the front-runner or give themselves other outs to try to hook you in. Don't fall for it.

I think it's crazy that people think that KF is out there sharing his thoughts on the new OC hire with some guy in Wisconsin or even the Iowa media. Nobody knows. It's the epitome of speculation.

I get it. People want to know. But let's use common sense.

I have shared on here before and will again that Philbin is the name I've heard the most from people I know with connections to the program. Have also heard PC's name. That's all I got - speculation based on people with second, third, fourth hand info at best.

A few weeks ago, people were actually buying that Scott Frost was a candidate.

KF said this week he expects an announcement within a few weeks of the bowl ending. At worst, he has it narrowed down. At best, he has his guy. The position has been open for two months. He's not an idiot, and that includes him sharing actual info with people outside his small circle.

It's semantics. The decision can't be finalized/confirmed until it is. You'll see/hear reporters say someone is the front-runner or give themselves other outs to try to hook you in. Don't fall for it.

I think it's crazy that people think that KF is out there sharing his thoughts on the new OC hire with some guy in Wisconsin or even the Iowa media. Nobody knows. It's the epitome of speculation.

I have shared on here before and will again that Philbin is the name I've heard the most from people I know with connections to the program. Have also heard PC's name. That's all I got - speculation based on people with second, third, fourth hand info at best.

KF said this week he expects an announcement within a few weeks of the bowl ending. At worst, he has it narrowed down. At best, he has his guy. The position has been open for two months. He's not an idiot, and that includes him sharing actual info with people outside his small circle.
There is the other side of it with the candidates themselves. I suppose if say Chryst was told he's out he could talk. And that sort of thing would make sense cause he'd want other schools to know he's still available. I can't see him staying at Texas as just an analyst another yr he's over qualified for that. I'm not saying I think he definitely did talk to a Badger reporter or leak it to them somehow but it's not an impossibility either. All that stuff is usually done on the down low as we all know but crazier things have happened.

Rob...we just want to be in the know!!!! We want to know who we are going to complain about next year and beyond. Because you know we are never happy with the Hawkeyes offense.

There is the other side of it with the candidates themselves. I suppose if say Chryst was told he's out he could talk. And that sort of thing would make sense cause he'd want other schools to know he's still available. I can't see him staying at Texas as just an analyst another yr he's over qualified for that. I'm not saying I think he definitely did talk to a Badger reporter or leak it to them somehow but it's not an impossibility either. All that stuff is usually done on the down low as we all know but crazier things have happened.

Perhaps. Hard to say with rumor and speculation with unnamed sources.

I'm of the belief that these coaches, especially those that have been head coaches, don't say much of anything to anybody when it comes to decision like this one. They know how the rumor mill works and are very tight-lipped. They have nothing to gain by talking and plenty to lose.

Maybe KF floated the Scott Frost rumor and they all laughed their asses off over at the Iowa football complex when people ran with it.

Latest posts