Paul Boettcher

O

OO44

Paul published Hawkeye Recruiting Newsletter(HRN) back in the 80's and early 90's. He passed away yesterday. RIP, my friend.

I dont know if Paul ever posted on any of boards. I do know his HRN was MUCH appreciated by all his subscribers. I have most of them stored away somewhere in a trunk.
HRN and VOTH filled a big need before the internet.

One of the first, if not the first, to put together a publication on Hawkeye recruiting efforts. Always looked forward to his newsletter. I believe he even had a subscriber phone hotline at one time that shared the latest on the recruiting front. Never met him but talked with him over the phone a few times. He had a passion for the Hawks and their recruiting efforts.

Sorry to hear the news.

This news truly saddens me. When I was living in Chicago in the mid/late 90s I subscribed to his newsletter and it was really a great publication from a Hawkeye fan's perspective.

As a diehard recruitnik back then I one day had the nerve to call him up and he spent about an hour on the phone with me just talking Hawkeye sports and recruiting specifically. I probably had 2 or 3 such conversations with him over a 2 year span and he was the ultimate gentleman for taking the time to spend time on the phone with a youngster like me.

RIP Paul.

iahawk72

Has anyone been able to find a link to his obituary. I would like to pay my respects if there is an online registry.

Thanks.

iahawk72

Latest posts