Pat’s a scratch tonight again! IA at the Gophs

If you can’t have fun watching this team, that is very, very sad. Take a look at points in the point. MN talked about as a team whose strength is their inside game and their physicality. Talked about as dangerous from the 3. 5 for 29. Ha Ha. Iowa contested and won the game. I bet we out rebounded them? Want to try to beat Iowa in the physicality measure? Go for it. Want to beat Iowa on the athleticism measure? Not so much. 56 of 86 points in the paint. Thank you Josh Dix. Iowa has two young point guards who are faster than any other two in the BT. and talk about disruptive.geez. Thanks Ben for your 25 points. Oh, gee. Forgot you were at a lower level team in a lower level conference. Why would Fran bring you to Iowa?

Yeah, I know. We will be up and down. But right now, we are a rare event. We won a BT game on the road. Kiss my ass old Hawk.

If you can’t have fun watching this team, that is very, very sad. Take a look at points in the point. MN talked about as a team whose strength is their inside game and their physicality. Talked about as dangerous from the 3. 5 for 29. Ha Ha. Iowa contested and won the game. I bet we out rebounded them? Want to try to beat Iowa in the physicality measure? Go for it. Want to beat Iowa on the athleticism measure? Not so much. 56 of 86 points in the paint. Thank you Josh Dix. Iowa has two young point guards who are faster than any other two in the BT. and talk about disruptive.geez. Thanks Ben for your 25 points. Oh, gee. Forgot you were at a lower level team in a lower level conference. Why would Fran bring you to Iowa?

Yeah, I know. We will be up and down. But right now, we are a rare event. We won a BT game on the road. Kiss my ass old Hawk.
Did someone piss in your cheerios?

I think the 3 was contested early when Iowa took charge. Open 3’s for MN came late during scramble time, They were 5 for 29. Nearly all the 5 makes came late. Watch the tape.
Watched the whole game...they were ice cold...and probably should have ran more offense then jacking 3s so early in the clock, but they were there. Not complaining...that hurt them along with doing a poor job defensively themselves.

BTW. Peyton was at 40% from three going into this game.
Did someone piss in your cheerios?
Hell no. I just enjoy sharing my thoughts on Iowa’s performance. I hope more posters will pay attention to how interesting this team is. Will we be NCAA? Will we be NIT? Will we finish better than predicted in the BT? I have no idea. Live for today!

I’m a huge Pat fan, he’s been bad this year.
I don’t think “bad” is a good assessment. He is in double figures in scoring. I have already explained that he is not positioned for rebounding. He is about 4 per game, though. Almost zero TO’s per game. 25 minutes. About right. I am disappointed that his 3 point % is too low. Free throws? Better not foul him. He is not a dominant player. So be it. Steady role player may be his place.

Iowa always does well when Pat’s out.
This particular team is better without him. He is not really a cog that fits in and helps make it run smoother. More he doesn't really mesh as well. The kids can use his minutes to improve. Why not be an even better team a bit sooner instead of slower. Fran has a tough time with the line ups a bit too far into conference play. Sometimes when you are forced to do something it works but you need to realize and ride it home. Bring Dembele along more and continue in this direction with very sparing minutes for Patrick.

Learn the lessons as well they are right there. Nebraska got back in it because of bad Iowa shot selection. They probably should not have had a lead in the second half. Minny jumped out and made that same mistake shooting from deep and let us get right back in. Higher % shots more points in the paint less one and done possessions. Don't live and die with the 3....shoot 23% from 3 but fine cause it was only 13 attempts. 37 boards 56 points in the paint. So they still shot 54% even going 3-13 from deep.

They won a game without making a bunch of three's! Congrats Fran!
If you want to win games in the BT, or in college BB anywhere, you better consistently make 3 point shots. The game is what it is. We abandoned the center jump after each basket a few years ago. Even the two point elbow has faded.

This particular team is better without him. He is not really a cog that fits in and helps make it run smoother. More he doesn't really mesh as well. The kids can use his minutes to improve. Why not be an even better team a bit sooner instead of slower. Fran has a tough time with the line ups a bit too far into conference play. Sometimes when you are forced to do something it works but you need to realize and ride it home. Bring Dembele along more and continue in this direction with very sparing minutes for Patrick.

Learn the lessons as well they are right there. Nebraska got back in it because of bad Iowa shot selection. They probably should not have had a lead in the second half. Minny jumped out and made that same mistake shooting from deep and let us get right back in. Higher % shots more points in the paint less one and done possessions. Don't live and die with the 3....shoot 23% from 3 but fine cause it was only 13 attempts. 37 boards 56 points in the paint. So they still shot 54% even going 3-13 from deep.
I am stunned that you do not recognize Fran’s excellent use of different lineup’s at the proper times. Good grief! It is one of his strengths! It won the damn game for them tonight.
BTW. Dembele is not ready for 25 minutes. He will be, darn soon. He was a big help tonight, but foul troubles and questionable scoring ability aren’t there yet. I have high hopes for this kid!

News flash. We don’t do a center jump after each basket any more. The 3 point shot controls the game at every level, high school through college and into the NBA. I am amazed that “ reliance on the 3“ is some kind of criticism. Krikke is a good example of the few guys that can make a living on the 2. Good for him. He kicks ass! But, have you watched player after player shoot step backs to set up a “3”?

Latest posts