Patrick McCaffery Focused on Consistency

He suffers a little from Tyler Cook syndrome. When he catches the basketball it isn't always clean and his handle isn't always tight. He is a D-1 athlete so I am not suggesting he is uncoordinated or needs to start catching tennis balls from a JUGS machine or start jumping more rope...just nitpicking shit that needs to get better.

I love his old school mid range game. The floaters and the runners are from another era. If someone other than Kris leads the team in scoring it will be Pmac.

He suffers a little from Tyler Cook syndrome. When he catches the basketball it isn't always clean and his handle isn't always tight. He is a D-1 athlete so I am not suggesting he is uncoordinated or needs to start catching tennis balls from a JUGS machine or start jumping more rope...just nitpicking shit that needs to get better.

I love his old school mid range game. The floaters and the runners are from another era. If someone other than Kris leads the team in scoring it will be Pmac.
I agree, Patrick will play a vital role in the overall success of this team.

The 2 main things I'd suggest he improve upon are his shot selection and boxing out at the defensive end more for rebounding. As a 6'9 SF he needs to stick his nose in there and rebound better than he has so far he's capable.

I think he has a good shot. When he's square to the hoop and under control he can hit shots. When he gets in trouble is when he is trying to go off the dribble to his left really fast and puts up some really tough low % floater shots. If he can cut that out of his repertoire that'd make a positive difference to his game.

I actually think he has been somewhat under rated.
I think what has hurt the perceptions of him is playing under the shadow of Garza and K Murray. Those mountains are gone and this year will be his chance. Hopefully he and Chris will shine brightly together.