Pathetic

KF has let NW get into his head, he cannot let them hang around without getting burned. Iowa can't play one quarter and expect to have a good result.

its time for some change... We need some consistency at the D coordinator position. This bend don't break thing is over. Every single team knows how to beat Iowa. Persa said they aren't afraid of Iowa beacause they know waht to expect... Typical...

Exactly, please no apologies for KF and KOK, they owe their team an apology for the lack of a game plan.

It seems the coaching staff is happy with 8-4 seasons and a bowl game. Get used to it.

I don't think "bend don't break" has much to do with this loss. This game came down to one turning point in my mind. Iowa has the ball and a ten point lead and are driving. Stanzi throws a hanger into double coverage and gets picked. Northwestern subsequently drives the field and scores.

All the momentum of the second half start was lost for good.

That may have been a turning point but the result usually reflects your overall preparation. In my view, Iowa was not well prepared for this game - it should come as no surprise that we lost.

It is a disappointment. However, I remember the years when Iowa couldn't buy a win. Iowa is a good team but it won't be a great team till it can play a Northwestern and beat them consistantly. A great team wins the games they are supposed to win.

Great programs don't lose to NW 5 of 6. Period.

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain a couple days ago you were in the "coaches are infallible" / "macro" group, no? Don't change your tune now, Holmes. Some of us were requesting minor tweaks here and there in some schemes, namely bending less on D, and you weren't buying it. You should be just fine w/ this loss and the manner in which it was achieved. And if I'm wrong, please let me know. (And FYI, here's your post on Jon's "Getting Defensive" thread from a couple days ago. Sounds like you got just what you should have expected...and you have no business calling anything pathetic.)

Re: Miller: Getting Defensive
I am sorry, but you are all crazy. You expect perfection, especially in "crunch time".

Have you ever thought maybe the scheme isn't the issue all the time, but sometimes the players just don't make the plays? Sometimes the other team plays better than Iowa.

I wanted Iowa to go to the NC this year too, but to have expected it is ridiculous. Iowa has never gone undefeated and probably won't anytime soon. The great '85 and '02 teams each lost twice, and this year it may turn out the same way.

I love all the armchair coaching going on. You guys don't think KF and crew haven't already thought long and hard about their defensive philosophy and and the pros and cons, risks and rewards. They can and do digest it all off season.

I am not saying you can't critize them either, but complaining about the scheme that has been in place for 12 years and has produced results and isn't changing anytime soon, is just a waste of time.