Pathetic effort by the kids

QuadCityHawkeye

After this showing they deserve to be ripped. That was about as bad as it gets for a home game on Senior Day.

Well done. Ya pissed the bed and crapped on the ceiling. Seems to be par for any Fran team at this point in the season but this was a special kind of suck today,

I don’t care if this is ban worthy that was a straight up inspired effort and they all should be embarrassed.

Peace out.

The players don’t care about winning. They are just devastated that they let you down. How can they possibly go on?

Completely dominated on offense and defense the past two games...

However I can't really put all the blame on them - none of our offensive strategies are getting anyone open.. and our zone looks like an 8th grade girls zone atm.

Everyone's venting but this team has been slumping since the Michigan game, I'm not surprised that teams are figuring out that you simple don't beat yourself against Iowa and you have a great chance to win. Iowa does not have the foot speed to play good defense. Period. Iowa refuses to play the defense that fits them.
What more is there to say?

Completely dominated on offense and defense the past two games...

However I can't really put all the blame on them - none of our offensive strategies are getting anyone open.. and our zone looks like an 8th grade girls zone atm.
Our strategy should be to go out and recruit some athletes. My God this team is pathetically slow. Absolutely no foot speed, or quickness. Bohannon needs 4 screens just to get a shot off.

The word is out. Pick this team up man to man all over them court. They have no quickness and can't get a shot off on their own. What a pitiful performance that was. Honest to allah, I would not be surprised if they didn't win another game.

Say what you want about Dailey, the guy has been a beast on defense lately. Can’t shoot a lick but plays damn good D. Stopped counting how many times Rutgers players would fly in a crash the boards and there would be a few Hawks just watching.

We were “due” for a bad outing. Rut made good on their promise to beat us. All the distractions maybe caught up to us? That being said. We MAY might win another game this season

We were “due” for a bad outing. Rut made good on their promise to beat us. All the distractions maybe caught up to us? That being said. We MAY might win another game this season

I agree with this 100%. I was not at the game and only watched it on TV so my perception may be off for obvious reasons, but watching Fran leaving the floor the way he did made me sick. Watching him handshake, fist bump and high five his way out prior to tip off came across to me as someone who felt they did nothing wrong and that it was nothing more than a joke to him. I did not sense any remorse for the players that he wasn't able to be there and it simply appeared that both he and the team were not focused on the game, and perfectly content with simply making an appearance.

Again completely my perception, and an opinion that means absolutely nothing, but it seemed like nothing more than a distraction and a team that didn't want to be there that afternoon.

Fran cost them the Rutgers game with his outburst at Ohio State. Gary "the moron" Dolphin continues to be a huge distraction. Why is a play by play guy news? He is a hick from Dubuque. Fire him and move on. Zabel never received the consideration that Dolphin receives. I don't get it.

Fran's kid has a temper and no game to back it up. Wow, is he a major disappointment. Stick to baseball.

These three clowns made it about them, instead of about the team. No wonder Iowa is slumping.

I'm tired of Fran's act. Really tired. Oh, by the way, why is Tyler Cook setting screens at the top of the key? WTF? Get the ball to your playmaker. Same with Garza. Terrible coaching and idiotic behaviors.

Fran cost them the Rutgers game with his outburst at Ohio State. Gary "the moron" Dolphin continues to be a huge distraction. Why is a play by play guy news? He is a hick from Dubuque. Fire him and move on. Zabel never received the consideration that Dolphin receives. I don't get it.

Fran's kid has a temper and no game to back it up. Wow, is he a major disappointment. Stick to baseball.

These three clowns made it about them, instead of about the team. No wonder Iowa is slumping.

I'm tired of Fran's act. Really tired. Oh, by the way, why is Tyler Cook setting screens at the top of the key? WTF? Get the ball to your playmaker. Same with Garza. Terrible coaching and idiotic behaviors.

Based strictly off of speculation, I don't see a McCaffrey going through the program that doesn't have a temper. Whether good or bad, not my place to inject opinion, Fran wears his emotions on his sleeve and I don't see anything in his demeanor that indicates he sees this behavior as anything other than him being "passionate" so I'm sure his kids have most likely been brought up the same way.

Again I'm not saying its a good or bad thing nor am I saying anything about his parenting, more like an observation with absolutely no insight or judgment.

Latest posts