Paterno has a 14 year losing streak..

jo12208

He is in the record books again. He is no longer has the most wins. The slimeball Bobby Bowden does.

Wow...a 14 year losing streak. You can't top that.

So now that his wins are vacated, does that mean our wins over penn st. this past decade didnt happen? This is what I hate about erasing wins, they happened, we saw it happen. Im not defending joe, but we all know those wins happened. I guess we dont own PSU like we thought we did.

That really is ironic that McQuery was the last winning QB at PSU. I thought they said something in the presser about the wins being more than vacated.

So now that his wins are vacated, does that mean our wins over penn st. this past decade didnt happen? This is what I hate about erasing wins, they happened, we saw it happen. Im not defending joe, but we all know those wins happened. I guess we dont own PSU like we thought we did.

Iowa did not have to vacate any wins

I think the vacating of wins was a little overkill. This doesn't involve on the field infractions so it shouldn't take away from what JoePed accomplished on the field. In my opinion this is the NCAA trying to punish a dead man.

1. It's not a losing streak. The wins were vacated, not forfeited; it's no different than when Reggie Bush's Heisman was vacated. Vince Young didn't suddenly become the winner. It's not a losing streak, it's just a non-winning streak.

2. I despise vacated wins. We all know what happened on the field, and there's no changing it, no matter how much we might want to.

The wins should have been forfeited. I am tired of this vacated wins business, the team that did not cheat, followed the laws, and played a fair game against the cheaters should be credited with thew win.

The wins should have been forfeited. I am tired of this vacated wins business, the team that did not cheat, followed the laws, and played a fair game against the cheaters should be credited with thew win.

no, that's equally ridiculous, if not more so

1. It's not a losing streak. The wins were vacated, not forfeited; it's no different than when Reggie Bush's Heisman was vacated. Vince Young didn't suddenly become the winner. It's not a losing streak, it's just a non-winning streak.

2. I despise vacated wins. We all know what happened on the field, and there's no changing it, no matter how much we might want to.

This.

I think the vacating of wins was a little overkill. This doesn't involve on the field infractions so it shouldn't take away from what JoePed accomplished on the field. In my opinion this is the NCAA trying to punish a dead man.

The culture around PSU football is what caused the coverup and the preventable assaults after 1998 to happen. So it makes perfect sense to me to take away those things that the administration tried to protect in covering up for the monster....namely records, personal achievements, wins and prestige.