Pass on the last play

Can you imagine how mad the remaining 50 Hoosiers would have been if they scored

Frankly, I don't think KF "liked" it. He took a little time with the post-game handshake with Allen. Wonder if he told him BF didn't call for an actual pass play, just didn't want Stanley with the ball in his hands getting hit?

There was a penalty on a running clock the play before and Tom Allen had the option of accepting a 10 sec runoff and have the game end. He declined, so BF said FU and passed trying to score.

I think this is the case and it was bush of coach Allen to make his players play another 3 seconds down by 26 points. This guy is a head case as our his assistants getting penalites

I didnt read anything into it other than Iowa wanted to run 3 seconds off the clock without punting. So they threw it in the air to wind out the clock

Punting = greater chance of injuries than a fade pass

Coulda just had Stanley pooch punt. I’m pretty sure BF just wanted to rub it in that psycho jagaloon’s face...

I just loved that indiana argued for the the ten second run off but declined for it being applied lol. If i was on that team id be searching for a school to transfer to the next day

Coulda just had Stanley pooch punt. I’m pretty sure BF just wanted to rub it in that psycho jagaloon’s face...

Could have just handed it off or had Stanley run backwards a few steps and take a knee or run out of bounds or drop back and just heaved it downfield out of bounds. Instead they ran an actual fly pattern and tried to execute it. Not only was I not offended by it, it may well have been my favorite play of the day.

And to that, I say...

SarcasticOccasionalAmericancrayfish-size_restricted.gif

I just loved that indiana argued for the the ten second run off but declined for it being applied lol. If i was on that team id be searching for a school to transfer to the next day

No kidding. That jackass is either unstable, immature, or both.

Indiana football attracts one jagoff clown after another to its head coaching job. You'd be a fool to play there if you had better options.

I didnt read anything into it other than Iowa wanted to run 3 seconds off the clock without punting. So they threw it in the air to wind out the clock

Punting = greater chance of injuries than a fade pass
I don't think they were trying to complete it. you are right ,just a long pass to eat up clock.

I was kinda surprised Stanley was even in there the last 2 possessions frankly. Game was totally done midway through the 4th. If Stanley or any other starter was hurt after the game was long put away would have riled up a different line of questions...
As entertaining as it is to see the coaches play aggressive there's still a line in the sand somewhere. With the result being nobody was hurt I'm fine with it. I liked it because I didn't remotely expect it. To me this means BF has quite a bit of pull on what's going on out there. I highly doubt that was how KF would have closed things out...

I was kinda surprised Stanley was even in there the last 2 possessions frankly. Game was totally done midway through the 4th. If Stanley or any other starter was hurt after the game was long put away would have riled up a different line of questions...
As entertaining as it is to see the coaches play aggressive there's still a line in the sand somewhere. With the result being nobody was hurt I'm fine with it. I liked it because I didn't remotely expect it. To me this means BF has quite a bit of pull on what's going on out there. I highly doubt that was how KF would have closed things out...
I still have memories of Michael Ingram early in the 1988-89 season- sprinting down the floor for one last transition opportunity when we were up over 40 with twelve seconds to go and should have been dribbling out the clock-and rupturing his patellar tendon. Out for the season and never the same again, came back for a very pedestrian senior year.

Michael was going to provide valuable frontcourt depth. He had a Big Ten body. It was the first of many things that went wrong that year.

I still question why the backups weren't in on that last possession. You can't get mad at them if they throw deep.

I didnt question it but I wanted to see the backup QB get in and throw a few passes and some backups at the other positions.

But maybe they were trying to get Stanley that 7th td pass.

Latest posts