Pass D stats with/without Prater

Digger

Guru
With, 141 yards passing allowed per game in 4 games.
Without, 200 yards passing allowed per game in 3 games.

Without Prater vs 2 SR QBs in UNI&Ar St, Iowa allowed 243 yards passing per game and 1 team INT total in 2 games.

Having seen what Lowe and Castillo brought to the table in their respective starts, these stats don't really surprise me. I can't wait until next year (assuming Spievey stays)...Bernstine gets healthy and we've got 3 SOLID CB's!

That's definitely a huge part of the correlation there. However, I'd also say that playing against exceptionally veteran and wily QBs was a big part of things too. It's also worth noting that BOTH UNI and AState abused Iowa pretty well by passing to TEs.

Pass efficiency rating with Prater is 110.29 against QB with an average rating of 140.91.
Without Prater the rating is 119.81 against QB's with an average rating of 139.49, the QB average is somewhat skewed since Grace has a 177.5 rating. The two worst ratings of the year are 128.89 against UNI and 111.86 against Arkansas St, and Leonard's rating is only 116.99.

With, 141 yards passing allowed per game in 4 games.
Without, 200 yards passing allowed per game in 3 games.

Without Prater vs 2 SR QBs in UNI&Ar St, Iowa allowed 243 yards passing per game and 1 team INT total in 2 games.

Nice stats Digger. I didn't know the figure w/ and w/o Prater. Nice to know he makes a difference of almost 60 yards a game (which is a full drive down the field pretty much). Of course, my stance on stats is that its a different game different players, so prior stats have no weight on the next games. BUT, I do like to see the differences to see where we are lacking (when Prater is gone).

Is there any way you can find the stats when Buluga was playing and when he wasn't? As far as sacks allowed, avg rushing YPG, stuff like that? I'm intrigued to see if the difference.

Digger - any stats to back up that teams go to Amari's side more when Prater is in than Castillo/Lowe? I don't have time to watch the film. Any indications of that? With Prater in last game, Spievey saw more balls his way (including 2 INTs). Don't know the correlation, though.

When Lowe is in the game teams only go to his side, pretty much. Prater has shown some skill, but Spievey is in a higher group right now. Prater has been solid, but not really lock down. The last pick in the Wisky game is a play that only Amari could make.

Often, Amari's run support is over looked, but he is the most sure tackler on the team. Watch some tape of this year when they run a sweep or WR screen to Amari's side. It doesn't end well.

With that said, Amari has missed a few easy picks. He had a pick 6 go through his hands late in the 1st half of the Michigan game. Odoms caught it and went 35 yards on the play, instead.

I like Prater but, I noticed in the Michigan game that he got pushed around by the bigger recievers on bump and run coverage. Still, I have been very pleased with our pass D this year.

Latest posts